Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Bilstein 6112 series?

531K views 2K replies 251 participants last post by  SLPace 
#1 ·
I came across these and was wondering if anyone had any further info on them? Bilstein 6112

part number for the tundra.. 46-206084

Attachments

See less See more
#25 ·
Naw. Totally different shocks. The Pro shocks are 2.5" reservoir shocks that were designed, built, and valved specifically for the Pro and they cost close to $2400. The 6112s aren't supposed to be released until Jan 2015 so I doubt we'll see solid pricing but Im guessing they will be significantly less than the Pro shocks. But as someone already mentioned, the 5160 rears can be had for around $180 per shock. The 6112/5160 shocks are
made to fit different makes and models while the Pro shock is only offered for the Tundra so my guess is they are better dialed in for the weight of the vehicle and will offer better ride and performance right out of the box than any other Bilstein offerings.

#24 ·
So the 6112s are re buildable, but don't have reservoirs and the 5160s have reservoirs, but aren't re buildable?

#27 ·
I was thinking that because they're offering them as "OEM" fits (not just off-the-shelf parts), they'd do some tuning of spring and dampening to the vehicle weight etc?

Great info though, guys.

derp

Reactions: Surfer J
#32 ·
...but the front Bilstein's have adjustable spring perches to add lift if desired, correct? So 5100 or 6112 can add up to 2.5" of lift to level the truck without spacers or shims, right?

...and if I want to lift the rear I use CB shackles (preferably) or blocks and a longer shock, right?

#34 ·
So the rumor mill is

they are testing these with some 2.65 (65mm) eibach coils that you mate the setup with your factory mounts and the pair should be just under $900.

Interesting, I guess we will see mid to end of jan when they are released

#42 ·
I too am trying to hold out to see these shocks as well!

I just hate buying something, and then 1 or 2 months later a "new & improved" model comes out!

:eek:

YB

Reactions: AbsolutGT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.