Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Tundra PRo questions for current owners

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  derp 
#1 ·
Guys,

Does the Tundra pro come with the TRD sway bar? I noticed it wasn't an available option for the PRO.

Regarding exhaust does anyone know whether it's a simple cat back replacement to return to the truck back to a standard Tundra for a quiet ride?

Last for owners of this truck are you happy overall with the street drivability with the soft suspension?

thanks,

#2 ·
It didn't come with a TRD sway bar.

The exhaust appears to be true dual all the way front to rear. It has two cats, two mufflers, two pipes independent of each other front to back as best I can tell while I was under there installing my nerf bars. I personally love the intoxicating sound, however it gets louder than a test drive when you hook something up! It really talks to me when I hook my boat up, hard to believe it's a factory exhaust. I've paid plenty to get aftermarket to sound like that LOL.

The main reason I bought the TRDP was the on road drive. I travel a bunch and loved the stance vs the standard truck. I drove a used 2014 Platinum that had been leveled and it drove NOTHING like the TRDP! I drove a brand new Platinum, Limited, and SR5 and they drove nothing like the TRDP. I think people will either love it or hate it. So far the only time I can come up with a negative if you could call it that is the big truck sitting up like that on those 18" AT's and a softer suspension is it will let you know it's not a "sport truck". Most of my travels are on the interstate or a two lane and the darn thing flat out eats up the bad roads around me!!

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
TRD Pro

So the truck doesn't handle like a boat and is still responsive at highway speeds? I'm assuming since it doesn't have the sway bar and it isn't an option that Toyota probably doesn't want it in place for off road driving.

I guess if I find the exhaust annoying I could simply throw in a resonator or replace with quieter muffler.

#4 ·
It handles great, not as stiff as most trucks. IMO feeling the road is better than having one break loose when you least expect it. I have no problem cruising down the road WAY over the speed limit. I had a number typed out then remembered some here know me on other boards and may use it against me LOL.

If you decide to swap out the mufflers you'll have to swap out two of them. They are independent of each other, but it could be done.

#7 ·
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Dual Exhaust on the TRD Pro and the TRD Dual Exhaust I paid $1100 for. My truck is to be built on 12/6. 2015 Tundra Platinum CM. I want the exhaust from the TRD Pro, but some how I think I'm not going to get that. Should I cancel the TRD Exhaust and get an aftermarket exhaust? Nobody at Toyota has been able to answer that question. Very frustrating.

#9 ·
Like TRDProrat said, I bought mine for the way it soaks up south Louisiana roads. It rides better than any of the other stock models on rough roads IMO. I just took mine down Hwy 90 to New Orleans and it was awesome. It didn't float like a caddy but no truck does. It was, however, planted to the road the whole time. And I'm pretty sure that I'll never get tired of listening to the exhaust.

Reactions: TRDProrat
#12 ·
I put some pics up with my 20' bass boat attached. It squatted a little more than most but I think the straight bar instead of a 2" drop has fixed most of that. If you hooked up an RV or big load then yes I would think a different Tundra option may be a better choice. It's rated for towing 9,600 pounds. The springs should hold the weight, I just wouldn't want it as a primary work truck.

#16 ·
Someone made a great point on another thread that since it's the same springs on the rear, it doesn't necessarily squat any more - but that since the front is leveled, it just *looks* like it's squatting more.

derp

#13 ·
sway bar on TRD PRO

So my dealer is telling me the sway bar is available but if used off road a lot it isn't recommended due to a decrease in available travel.

Based on that I'm assuming no one with a PRO is installing a sway bar. Any PRO owners with a different view on this subject?

thanks,

#14 ·
As for sway bar it depends how much you go off road if you go often then don't get a sway bar if you go seldom and drive mostly on the road then get one, if you go on off road adventures for periods of time, then take the sway bar off, it's not that difficult to take on or off. That's my take on it, I have only taken my truck off road once and drive it mainly on the road so I leave my sway bar on. If I were to go on a trek with lots of off roading I'll take it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.