Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Need input on setup!

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Lando13 
#1 ·
I have been researching a lift, tires, gears and coil overs for the past year on this site as well as many others. I would like some final input with my choices before i pull the trigger here. My 2007 Tundra DC is used as work truck on some pretty hard logging roads and pipeline right of ways for 7-8 months out of the year and its time to upgrade. I have decided on the 7 inch BDS lift with Fox coil overs, 37 inch A/T tires and Nitro 4.88 gears. I have +20mm offset 20x9 with 5.7" backspace Fuel Octane wheels and i was wondering if I'm going to have any issues with rubbing and maybe it would be better to go with a smaller tire? Everyone seems to have a different opinion about this. Also will the Fox coil over soak up rough washboard roads much better than stock? I would also be looking at getting CB +3 inch shackles if he still makes them. And finally, is it worth putting this much work in a 7 year old truck haha. Any help is appreciated!

#4 ·
Reactions: MaylonTRD
#13 ·
BDS and fox is basically a dream set up for me. You can probably get more than 7" out of the lift if you crank the coilovers up some. So fitting 37" tires should be ok on height. The wheels being +20 offset may get you if the tires are real wide. You didn't say how wide the tires are though. My tires are 13.xx" wide and they don't rub but my wheels are a -12 offset. Hopefully someone can tell you for sure but if you don't go with a real wide tire you're probably ok but you could always add wheel spacers to cure that issue.

As far as putting it on a 2007, why not? I just traded my 07 a few months ago and it was still in perfect shape. As long as you plan on keeping the truck for a few more year go for it!

#14 ·
Yeah the truck is holding up like the day i bought it! What about UCA's? Would an aftermarket one be worth the money if the truck is getting put through its paces most of the year? If so, which one? I've read something about getting fully adjustable and not getting fully adjustable?

#17 ·
I have the BDS 7 with fox CO with 35's and I love it. Minor trimming, of course you'll have to do a little more but love this lift.. Quality too..

Done did it.. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.