Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

extended warranty

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sincitydealz 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a company for extended warranties? I know warranty direct is one is there any others online? Are extended warranties worth it? Im looking to buy a 2014 tundra CM 4x4 sr5 with alot of miles. Let me know ur thoughts on this thanks.

#2 ·
You can't get them online anymore or over the phone is my understanding, those who used to do this no longer sell them due to Toyota's policy change earlier this year or late last year.

A guy in Kansas sells them cheap if you live near or visit there, it could be an option. You don't need to buy the warranty until you are close to the 3 year or 36k mile mark.

#3 · (Edited)
I'd avoid anything that isn't the Toyota offering. They'll be themost likely to actually cover what you need and you get a pro-rated refund if it isn't used.

Up to you to say whether it's worth it. Peace of mind, etc.

I hate getting hit with repair bills and I rolled the FSV into my loan at minimal impact to the payment. I hope I won't have to use it but at least I'm covered and won't need to throw a chunk of cash if I do.

You may need it or you may not...it's a roll of the dice.

#5 ·
I got the extended warranty through my credit union up to 90,000 mile . I have less then 29k (2012) on it right now.

#6 ·
I used the (original) warranty today, actually. 30K miles and the sunroof seal is peeling. Turns out it can't be replaced alone and they have to put in a whole new piece of glass. Another 6,000 miles and that extended warranty would have almost paid for itself right there. You never know...

I am curious as to why you're buying a 2014 with over 36K miles on it, though....

#8 ·
This time of year they're trying to get rid of 14s so if you search around you'll probably be able to find a brand new one for not a lot more than that, especially once you add cost of a warranty on top if you go that route. Then you have 3/36 to decide if you want a warranty for the new one and you can get the factory extended rather than 3rd party.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.