Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Two tone paint job

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ARTSBEST 
#1 ·
I've asked this question here before regarding the Tundra two-tone exterior paint job I've seen on various inventories. All of them in the southern region of the US. I e-mailed Toyota why this option is not shown on their website their response is:

Our website will only show factory specifications, which is why the two-tone paint is not offered from the factory by Toyota, our website will not show this. The two-tone paint may be something offered by Gulf States Toyota (GST), which is a our private distributor. Any accessories, modifications or options offered by GST or a dealer is separate from us.

Gulf States Toyota distributes Toyota and Scion vehicles, parts and accessories to dealers in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi.

I assume this means GST has had this paint job performed outside of Toyota's assembly line paint shop by a 3rd party? Why wouldn't they simply as Toyota to perform this paint job within their assembly plant? Who is running who here is my question?

#2 ·
It might be a deal like Southern Comforts did for GM. If you wanted a custom 'factory' paint scheme, your vehicle was sent to SC for the mod, then shipped to you - everything still under warranty.

Southern Comforts made some beautiful trucks.

#3 ·
#7 ·
The only two-tone I have seen from the dealer were the Lucchese models. Those are mostly a leather package.

#9 ·
I was thinking of creating my own two tone by having the bumpers, added pocket flares, and the same area on the lower portion of the body done in Line-X.

But i just got the estimate the other day and they want 2440 to do all of that and the bed. Wanted to add a bull bar too, but that would put me close to 3gs and the wife would kill me

#10 ·
Atxhusker thank you. Not one Toyota dealer e-mailed me the total sticker (including this option). Why? I have no idea. I guess all they want to do is move the metal as fast as they can w/o any assistance to potential buyers. Thanks again for finding this option price/info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.