Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

to paint or not to paint

3K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  xpablo 
#1 ·
Need some help here. Dont know if i should paint insert or not. and with what or should i just send it to paint shop. I actually taped the grille off with electrical tape to see how it would look.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grille
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not a big fan of chrome but I think it looks better as it is right now. If you decide you want to do it just plastidip it first and if you don't like it you can peel it right off.

#7 ·
FWIW, the inside of the grille is silver, not chrome. At least on mine it is. Making the center black doesn't reduce any actual chrome :D

I personally think making the inside black cheapens the look of the front end. I would color match the surround before turning the center black. YMMV

Reactions: safety77
#10 ·
I think black looks better.

#12 ·
plasti dip it

#13 ·
I like the black. It does seem to be a little to much chrome. My grill is different then yours. Black better for your grill. I never heard of Platidip before I found this site. If it comes off I would try that before painting so you can try it out for a while and see if you like it.

#14 ·
I like the looks myself, but then again, look at my truck :lol5:

Dip it or leave the tape on for a while.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what others think what matters is if you like it or not.

Reactions: safety77
#15 ·
i vote black it out. buy dont use plasti dip get it painted properly.

#17 ·
Black is better to me

#19 ·
I think Azblue is the ONLY person on the planet that still likes chrome! That stuff's gotta go... Go black for sure!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.