Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

TRD Pro Grille

486K views 2K replies 386 participants last post by  MarkShark 
#1 ·
#1,020 ·
#1,025 ·
I know somewhere in here there is an MGM with the black surround, but it didn't look very good IMHO.
I'm eventually going to replace my chrome bumper ends with painted ones, but it is going to cost around $800.
Here is my MGM with TRD Pro headlights, I also had my letters painted..

Stock.

Better...

I know this question has probably be answered before and is buried in the thread but... Is there a way to get the grill, remove the lettering and have it painted/shrink wrapped in chrome to match the bottom of the current chrome grille and hood bulge that I have on the SR5? I know I can carefully remove the insert and place it into the one I have now, but would really love to have those letters match instead of the silver color they come in stock. I have seen where they have been painted red and other colors. Any ideas?
What color is your truck?

I'd recommend painting them to match the body color over chroming them..

#1,024 ·
I know this question has probably be answered before and is buried in the thread but... Is there a way to get the grill, remove the lettering and have it painted/shrink wrapped in chrome to match the bottom of the current chrome grille and hood bulge that I have on the SR5? I know I can carefully remove the insert and place it into the one I have now, but would really love to have those letters match instead of the silver color they come in stock. I have seen where they have been painted red and other colors. Any ideas?

#1,027 ·
Is there a link somewhere to install instructions on the pro grill and hood bulge? Just got my new parts and want to make sure I've got all the good tips on removing clips and the other tricky steps for this. I did read through this entire thread at one point, but wondering if there's a good consolidated resource for this one. Thanks!

#1,029 ·
since the TRD Pro is coming in MGM for 2016, I wonder how long it will be until there is a part number for a factory painted MGM pro grille...

#1,030 ·
I already have the 2016 models in my parts catalog, and it does not list MGM as a color for the Pros. That could change, though.

#1,032 ·
Been meaning to post this, but kept forgetting. Got my grill from Roman, along with the Limted door handles. Literally brought my truck straight home from the dealer with 11 miles on the odometer and switched it out. Super easy, took about 30 mins. My mother in law was in town and nearly had a fit that I was tearing apart a brand new truck within minutes of bringing it home.

Old and new side by side. 2007 Tundra DC Limited - 2015 Tundra DC SR5 Longbed

Now, looking so much better with the TRD Pro grill. Thanks Roman!

#1,038 ·
Probably a dumb question having attempted to research. I don't mind my chrome (save your boo's), so is there anyway to purchase just the TOYOTA pro insert? I've seen inserts I can replace it with, but haven't found the TRD pro insert. I also don't want to have to pay for the entire grille if I'm just changing out the insert.
TIA

#1,039 ·
Unfortunately, there is not. The insert is sold with the grille surround as an assembly. The good thing about that is you can use you old insert in the new grille surround and sell it to someone who may want that combo to recoup some of the cost.

#1,040 ·
Just installed the TRD Pro grill, new mirror caps and door handles. Those of you that don't like chrome are nuts. My local dealership quoted my 4 hours and $396 just install the door handles... I did everything in an hour. Love how the truck looks! Thank you, Roman!!!

Attachments

#1,043 ·
Yep, you got it.

#1,049 ·
I'd like to keep the chrome mirrors, handles, and steps but lose the rest. I think that'll look good...

as soon as this stuff becomes available from toyota in MGM I am probably going to make the switch. I hear people have already ordered 2016 MGM Pros, so the parts shouldn't be far behind. Exciting :)

too bad the bumper ends only seem to be PTM. but hey if I can save $150-200 on the upgrade by waiting another couple months then I'm cool with that

Reactions: Motion
#1,055 ·
as soon as this stuff becomes available from toyota in MGM I am probably going to make the switch. I hear people have already ordered 2016 MGM Pros, so the parts shouldn't be far behind. Exciting :)
Really?? That's great news. Definitely in the market for one of those myself.

#1,057 ·
Got my new parts from Roman, installed today 1/2 Hour at most to install everything. (Grill, Door Handles and Mirror Caps)

#1,061 ·
Look at what I got in this morning. :D

Magnetic Gray Metallic Pro grilles straight from Toyota. They aren't readily available, but they can be ordered. It took a little less than a week for me to get these.

#1,069 ·
Ordered the Pro grille from Roman on Thursday and it was delivered to my door today (bubble-wrapped and in a sturdy box marked "Fragile" - thanks for the attention to detail, Roman!) as I was disassembling the original grille! It wasn't cheap to get up to Ontario, Canada, but the smile on my face every time I look at it makes it very worthwhile. And yes, I'm keeping the chrome surround - personal preference. For any fellow Canucks interested, here's what I shelled out:

Initial Cost

Grille: $249.99
Shipping to Ontario: $111
Exchange from USD to CAD (ugh): $127.09
Subtotal: $488.08

Upon delivery

Tax: $42.84
Brokerage Fee: $58.25
Brokerage Tax: $7.57
Subtotal: $108.66
(at least there was no duty as the grille was made in the States)

Total Paid: $596.74 CAD

Roman, you and Toyota of Cool Springs were super easy and awesome to deal with and I will be ordering more from you in the future (hopefully when the Canadian dollar is doing better). THANKS!!! Being that we can't get the TRD Pro in Canada and the prohibitive additional costs for ordering from the US, I'm thinking I'm one of the only guys up here with this grille?

Attachments

#1,070 ·
You're one of very few who have one in Canadiavilleland. I've only shipped three up there. I'm sure there have been some eBay orders and whatnot go up there. Still, you probably won't see another one.

#1,074 ·
Its funny you say this, in my community there is at least 6 non pro trucks with the Pro Grill here. I haven't talked with any of them to see where they got them. Everyone definitely notices up here as it truck country up here, lots of compliments. Land of lifted Trucks lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.