Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Tow Mirrors Installed on my 2014

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Boosted27606 
#1 ·
Just finished installing tow mirrors on my 2014. Ordered them from 1AAuto on Sunday and received them yesterday afternoon, with free shipping, super fast!!!!!! Install took about 45 minutes total and was super easy. I just followed a youtube video for installation on a 2011. The only part I changed from the video is I found I did not have to disconnect the power window controller. Straight plug and play, power works and so does the marker/turn signals on the mirrors. I will admit these mirrors are huge compared to the stock ones. These trucks should come with these from the factory. I do have a slight vibration when rolling at highway speeds, but this is partly due to my mud terrain tires. Very happy with these so far!!!! I have included a few pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking good! I had them on my '08 and now I have a '14 CM just like yours and miss my tow mirrors, need to get another set.

#8 ·
Those mirrors are nice ( I installed mine on my 2012 Tundra)

HOWEVER, they did vibrate and it was hard to see anything either on the left or on the right mirror.

I ended up adjusting them and then adding small shims between the mirrors and the outside frame so they would be sturdy.

That works and they do not shake anymore but I cannot adjust them to a new position ( unless I remove said shims)

#19 ·
Looking to buy a new Tundra for towing our RV trailer, and I thought I wanted tow mirrors, but I don't have a clue how much wider they are than the standard, and don't want to have to fold them just to get into and out of the garage every day.

Any help on overall width, or how much wider than standard is much appreciated.

Thanks!

#20 ·
They are not much wider than the stock ones, just higher and they have a convex part at the bottom. The key spec is that you can pull them out about 8 inches outwards when you use the trailer. Once you unhook the trailer, simply push them back in and you are back to "stock width" mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.