Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

how do i replace headlight bulb on 2014

43K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  charliethetuna 
#1 ·
Im looking to replace my headlight bulbs on my 2014 crewmax.i looked at it quick today and theres a peice attached to the headlight were the bulb is ,im guessing this is the headlight ent motor .does anyone know how to change the bulb or have a link to a video or something

#2 ·
Its pretty easy but more work than on other vehicles. You have to pull the headlight out to get to the bulb. To do that you have to remove the grille held in by i think 4 bolts and 2 push pins. Then you can pull it out. Then remove the plastics from below the light. They are just clamped in. Then there are three bolts that hold the light 2 on top and one on bottom i believe. from there you can remove the bulb

This video is for installing drl's but it shows how to do eveything up to taking the headlight out

Reactions: MaylonTRD
#4 ·
hmmm...well just type in youtube "2014 tundra led install" when i typed it in it was the 3rd video the 1st one that didnt say ad. But yeah my only issue doing it was pulling the grille i didnt want to break any tabs or crack the plastics so i watched the video and you just tug it out. I was worried though because i felt like i was pulling it hard already. But it came out fine with a quick hard tug

Reactions: MaylonTRD
#5 ·
Or you can undo the inner fender to get access to the plug to remove the bulb... that's how I did mine

#7 ·
This, you don't need to remove the head light at all. Unless you're installing a LED with a huge heat sink as I couldn't get the LED's into mine because of the heat sink size.

#10 ·
You are right there isnt much room with inner fender way. I will be doing some wiring here soon I have 3 amber LEDs to install on the grill on the hood on my 2014. And I might put some clear led strips under my headlights

#12 ·
I will.. I might do it monday night. I'm one of the lucky ones who has to work all 3 days this holiday weekend

#17 ·

Reactions: Kons
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.