Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Sway Me On White

8K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  Spankdog 
#1 ·
I'm looking at Tundras and for some reason (in my area) they are either too expensive, or too far away. I found an awesome 2010 CM with 68k miles on it, clean as a pin, but, its white... I've already got a white car, and I like to change things up, but this deal may be too good to pass up.. Let me know why you think I should stick with a ****** lol

#3 ·
White Tundra's are the BEST Tundra's. Of course that is fact and I'm neither biased or full of hooey!

#7 ·
There has been a lot of issues with the white paint looking bad in spots. Dull like it's oxidizing. I don't think white has handled the transition to water based paints very well. I'd pass but I had a white 08 and the paint sucked. A guy I work with has a white one and it looks completely oxidized in spots. He tried to get toyota to warranty it but they just detailed it and sent him on his way.

#10 ·

Reactions: Big Shasta
#11 ·
if I had it to do over again white would be my first choice...if the paint is clean and of concern maybe get it opti-coated

having said that i'm taking my silver sky to the grave with me :)

on second thought, I have a white '13 camry and the paint does suck, hmm tough decision

#14 ·
Wow. I'm a Troll.....ummm.....okay.

#15 ·
Never been tempted to go with white. The only other Tundra color I would want is silver sky. I was about to jump on the highway one day and a clean Silver Sky LTD Crewmax passed me as the driver gave me the thumbs up. It struck me that it's a gorgeous color, subtle but not too flashy, which still pops.

Made me wish mine was that color.

#20 · (Edited)
White looks good if you do it right. I bought my white Tundra with the intentions of doing the white/black combination aftermarket parts.

#22 ·
Ba-bam!!

Attachments

#23 ·
I used to drive a river rock micah 100 series, which is one of the best looking colors toyota has ever produced in my opinion. But now I'm driving a white Tundra, and I couldn't be more pleased, it really does look sharp!

Attachments

Reactions: TnVideoMan
#24 ·
White = work truck.

#25 ·

#27 ·
I tell ya my next one will be white. After owning a black one for so long now I hate it. Between the heat and keeping it clean. Plus I really like the white ones with black wheels. I used to have a Tacoma setup this way

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

#28 ·
I have owned 3 black cars/trucks, never again. My wifes current car is black and I hate it. Its a pain int he a$$ to maintain, swirl marks always show, when its dirty you see it right away. I had the silver sky and like it. I also like the metallic grey. I now own a white CM, I will be doing the white and black look.

#29 ·
Ditto, yes my wife's car is black, she loves it, but I am the one that has to wash it....I no longer wash it or wax it, way too much work, and I am way too friggin old for this crap.

My white truck I just spit on it and it is clean. Nuff said.

#32 ·
Just in my honest opinion, when I bought my 2014 Tundra, white was the last color I was looking for. But once I started doing a few things to it, it quickly grew on me. Hard not to like a truck that looks like this...

After having either Burgundy or Slate/Silver vehicles all my life, I can honestly say that with this particular White Tundra I am beyond happy with my choice!

#33 ·
FWIW I'm in the same boat sort of.I have a white 91 Toyota access cab.Today it's trimmed in rust.Found a white 07 Tundra in great shape/good price but I do wish it were silver grey or black.I think adding either some of those camo skinz and/or spray on protection from Ram products or whatever might make it work.

#34 ·
What was the OP's choice? white or no?

#35 ·
I've had silver vehicles all my life until now. I have a white Tundra and it's by far my favorite color. Especially because anything goes good with white. If you want to do any cosmetic stuff white is the way to go. I've started working on mine by the time I'm done I'll have the black on white look.

(P.s. Wanted to post a picture but don't know how to do it from my phone.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.