Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Is it to late to debadge?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Dragos28 
#1 ·
I bought my truck in Feb 2008. I think I want to debadge it but, I'm concerned there will be dark spots of where the letters used to be if I do. Is there any way I can check before I commit to it?

#3 ·
^^^What he said. I have an 08 super white which I think is probably one of the worst colors to show discoloration. The DA polisher cut right through it with no problems. If u don't have a DA or and polishing products, do yourself a favor and check out "Ask the guru-detailing questions" thread, a lot of knowledgable guys there.

Reactions: wgreenlee1021
#4 ·
If you do decide to debadge completely, do yourself a favor and get an eraser wheel to remove all of the sticky crap, they are a life saver. Most use the 3M wheel but I used this cheap one and it worked great.

[ame=http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00488DDB8/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: AES Industries 4" Smart Eraser Pad with Drill Adaptor Arbor [Made In USA]: Automotive[/ame]

#6 ·
Reactions: 2010
#5 ·
Just a note, the SR5 badges by far show the most ghost effect. My truck is a 2012 and in January 2013 I took them off and could see the halo. I'd try something on the tailgate first.

Reactions: wgreenlee1021
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.