Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

? Seat and Block heaters?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Farkleboy 
#1 ·
I kind of give up on leather heated seats unless someone knows good direction on after market.

I'm wondering if a block heater is a good investment for long term on my new 2014 Tundra???? Its -37 today in North Dakota today and will be often:)

I'm really not concerned about battery but don't know much about winters being from Fla. and want to keep this truck at least 10 to 12 years I drive a lot and already have 7000 miles on 2 month old truck, so that may be unrealistic

Thanks a lot for any advice/direction.

#4 ·
I put a block heater on mine before I even left the dealership, there's no real con to having one. It keeps everything somewhat warm during the 20 and below temps. Living in AK, it's a necessity if you want to avoid cold starts and tearing up a brand new vehicle. The only downside is that I keep forgetting to plug it in :p

#5 ·
If you want the seat heater go to trd sparks and go through there stuff , i put that unit in my cloth seats and it is freakin awsome, if you want leather of some sort get some katskins or similar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.