Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

If one of the back windows is opened, there is a loud ringing like noise.

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  HawkeyeJireh 
#1 ·
Well, I have a 2011 Tundra Double cab. When I open just one window in the back, for example, the back passenger window, and at speeds over 30 mph, it becomes really noisy inside my truck. Sounds like a loud ringing echoing noise. Is this normal? Is it just the tires making the noise while rolling on pavement? I have had this car for 2 years and never noticed this problem because I never rolled just one window in the back down before until last night.

#4 ·
The deep, thunderous "pulsing" sound you are hearing is not the same as a "ringing" sound like you originally described.

FWIW, that sound is due to the air circulation (intake and escape) inside the cab and happens on more trucks than you know. It's normal.

#5 ·
I get that thumping on my SUV with only the front windows down but not the back. Air gets in and it can't get out.

#8 ·
Yes...every car experiences this.

As far as a ringing sound...answer your damn phone! ha.

#14 ·
On my old 2002 Tundra Access Cab, it was noisy till I opened the rear window, but not the throbbing, ear-drum burster. My 2013 Double Cab does that, and unfortunately, I took the one on the dealer's lot, with a fixed rear window. I'm about to go on my first long trip a year and a half later, and I'm regretting that window. Thinking about replacing it with a slider. Anyone know how difficult it would be for someone to wire a power switch for that window?

#16 ·
Open your driver's window about 1/2" and it will stop...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.