Well.. its been fun.. - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
I guess as long as you are happy then be happy.

You are 2328 miles, 36 hours away or 2290 miles, 38 hours away from me, I found that extra 2 hours yet only 38 miles to be really odd. I guess one way is dirt road for an hour at 25mph or something. I dunno.

I would say if it kills you in fuel get something different. I at one time had a 2500hd crew chebby and then I bought a jetta.... I ended up realizing the insurance cost made up the difference. I happen to like to buy shit. It is a tendency of sorts I guess. Anywho, I have been good since then. Jetta got 25ish city and 31 hwy while avg speed was 95. so it was good, and fun, just two cars isn't realistic if it is for a shortish commute.

what is your hooptie you are driving now if I may inquire?

The fuel didn't kill me. Being a single guy, no kids, no debt really, except for the truck... It just kinda pissed me off that I was putting a tank in every week, and I am a 5 minute drive to work. That adds up to almost another car payment a month. If ever I wanna go on a road trip down south to the bigger cities for a weekend, its hundreds of dollars on gas. It just grew annoying. I am sure I will regret selling it. It was my only vehicle, and when I sold it I kinda thought the deal would fall through so I didn't plan on buying another vehicle, anyway.. buddy came through.. So, I went out and picked up a mk4 jetta diesel.. This is also going to help me put a ton of money away for a downpayment for a house..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigdutch For This Useful Post:
dikkie (04-22-2013), Mr. Creosote (04-21-2013), Powertechn2 (04-21-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 04:22 AM

Thanked 7,802 Times in 3,791 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
My jetta was a mk4, but turbo gasser, 1.8l.

I actually really like that body style more than any newer styles.

I only drive 10-15 minutes to work, I can get 2 weeks out of a tank, but I know what you mean. It is the drive 20 miles to gfs house twice a week, and everything else...

I still like driving what I want. If I didn't have a quad and like to camp I would likely have a mustang or maybe a new Chevy SS when they are released (yes, a chevy again) and have a beater kee or wrangler for winter, maybe even a blazer or trail(wannabe)blazer... lol. something with 4x and a beater.

I have had my eyes on a wrangler a buddies mom owns, just she doesn't wanna let it go, it sits there, has had mice in it, top sun rotting out... yet she wants to keep it claiming she will drive it more... Ohh well, eventually she will want to sell it and I will be there with cash in hand.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter

KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...

2010 CM RW, blacked out, Led's,Hid's bhlm, 315/60r18 Grabber's, XD wheels, Aero turbine exhaust, more than meets the eye.

I like weapons.
I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Powertechn2 For This Useful Post:
dikkie (04-22-2013), Mr. Creosote (04-21-2013)
#18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
You guys are a bunch of Sally's. I bought my truck in sept last year with 6 miles on it. Now I have almost 17k. That's about $ 4300 in fuel in 7 months. Suck it up soldier!

J/k, enjoy the Jetta dude.

2012 DC 5.7 4x2 pyrite mica, rescued on 9-5-12

Current Mods: Too many to list!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toyot@tundr@ For This Useful Post:
dikkie (04-22-2013), Mr. Creosote (04-21-2013)
#19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 AM
"The Closer"
Premium Member

Thanked 29,713 Times in 9,150 Posts
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
so now i'm the only dutch tundra driver on this forum, again...

it doesn't even make me happy...

good luck with making up your mind, i can understand gas prices made you sell it...

dikkie

5.7 4WD '08 cm ltd, b.u.cam, sonar parking sensors, puddle lights + signal in mirrors, 20" alloy, 305/50 Toyo tires, SSSB, moonroof, leather interior, hood protector, 3M vent visors, jason cap, stubby antenna, full map nav., dvd + wireless headsets, TRD dual exhausts, TRD rear sway bar, propane conversion, 60.75 gallon tanks, tow/haul package, CW-package...

http://www.facebook.com/Tundranl.nl
NOVEMBER 2012 TRUCK OF THE MONTH CONTEST WINNER.!!
RYRWDBTTBYCDI # 69
BTCM # 79
TWACCM # 30
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dikkie For This Useful Post:
Big Tundra (04-22-2013), Mr. Creosote (04-22-2013)
#20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Thanked 5,101 Times in 2,811 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
I know I really don't need this truck, but I would not sell it (I used the truck bed a few times, but it was not really necessary. I towed zero times so far). But then again, I fill up the truck only once a month. My last tank was free and it looks like my next will be free as well (I use FuelPerks).

I understand if you have to pay for $400 every month for fuel, it adds up pretty quickly. If it pisses you off every time, it's not worth it. Good luck and you could still hang around the forum. There are quite a few non-Tundra owners on the forum.

2010 Tundra, CM, 4x4, 5.7, TRD Off Road, Silver Sky Tundra Club #7, TWACC #100, RYRWDBTTBYCDI #7, Tri-State Club #21, Chrome Club #23, LTC #10

Toyota/TRD (Stepboards, Cat-Back, Intake, Hood Protector), Pioneer (AVIC Z140BH & ND-BC5), Clazzio, Tint, Wheelskin, Line X (Extra/Color Match), ValuGard (Undercoat & Rust Inhibitor), Husky WeatherBeater, Westin Ult BB & Lights, Moto Metal 961, BAKFlip F1, OME 614, LR UCA, UC SwingCases
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chphilo For This Useful Post:
dikkie (04-22-2013), Mr. Creosote (04-22-2013)
#21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 AM
"BHLM Master"
Premium Member

Location: Clearwater, Florida/ Greeneville TN- FETC member #3, Sept./Nov./Dec.2011 TOTM/Big Rig Club#11
Thanked 3,561 Times in 1,943 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Good luck Dutch! Your truck was awesome man, and I know you will miss it. Especially when and if the guy is local and you have to see it driving by, lol. I hate the day when it comes to get rid of mine, which will be short lived because I'll buy another! But your diesel Jetta will be fun- a buddy of mine sold his gas guzzler for one and he has never been happier. I just charge him to use my truck to haul his chit now, lol. Be good and stop by to visit once in awhile. Also, I hear those Jetta's can be tricked out, you might want to, if you haven't already, check out the Jetta threads. Think of the money you'll be saving now, more beer and women. J-kidding around- be good mate~! Now Dikkie will be alone, sooooooo alone. Cept, I'm his friend.

BIG RIG CLUB MEMBER# 11 Bulletproof 12" Club#1

Bulletproof 12"lift./3"Body Lift
Coachbuilders- 3"Shackles, Poly bushings
1.5' Wheel spacers
20X12 Octanes
40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers
BHLM/ BTLM
Bushwacher Flares
Shocker XL 240 Train Horns
Amp Research Steps
Custom BTE headlights
Alwayslooking F/R Bumpers
50"/ 3-20" Rigid Lightbars
RBP Series II Grille
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/ RBP 18"Black tips
Colormatched Royal Topper
ICON Shifter
Interior Blue LED's
Bedrug
4:88 Nitro's F/R
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Tundra For This Useful Post:
#22 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
It's a truck. People don't buy trucks for the awesome MPG. We know this when we buy the truck, or should.

Black 2012 DC SR5 5.7 - Black Tundra Club Member #137
Westin Platinum Black Oval Nerf Bars, AVS In-Channel Rain Guards, Switched Backup Cam, DRL Delete,
Anytime Fogs Mod, LED Bed lighting, LED Underbody lighting, All interior/exterior LEDs, LEDGLow tailgate bar,
Black plastidip badges/grill/bumpers/wheels/overhead console, 5000K HID lows, 6000K HID fogs
Tailgate remote lock/unlock/open, PDBHLM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danoh For This Useful Post:
#23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Administrator
Premium Member

Thanked 32,194 Times in 13,860 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
But yet ppl buy em then complain about poor mileage. Not directed at the OP

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to JCv2.0 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (04-22-2013)
#24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 AM
"The Closer"
Premium Member

Thanked 29,713 Times in 9,150 Posts
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tundra View Post
Good luck Dutch! Your truck was awesome man, and I know you will miss it. Especially when and if the guy is local and you have to see it driving by, lol. I hate the day when it comes to get rid of mine, which will be short lived because I'll buy another! But your diesel Jetta will be fun- a buddy of mine sold his gas guzzler for one and he has never been happier. I just charge him to use my truck to haul his chit now, lol. Be good and stop by to visit once in awhile. Also, I hear those Jetta's can be tricked out, you might want to, if you haven't already, check out the Jetta threads. Think of the money you'll be saving now, more beer and women. J-kidding around- be good mate~! Now Dikkie will be alone, sooooooo alone. Cept, I'm his friend.

that's a comforting thought for me, my friend..!! but i doubt it will help Bigdutch get over his loss, once he sees that awesome truck make a driveby to swiftly steer towards the horizion, leaving him looking plain silly in this little volkswagen...

j/k Dutch, i will defend the dutch fortress on your behalf too..!!

dikkie

5.7 4WD '08 cm ltd, b.u.cam, sonar parking sensors, puddle lights + signal in mirrors, 20" alloy, 305/50 Toyo tires, SSSB, moonroof, leather interior, hood protector, 3M vent visors, jason cap, stubby antenna, full map nav., dvd + wireless headsets, TRD dual exhausts, TRD rear sway bar, propane conversion, 60.75 gallon tanks, tow/haul package, CW-package...

http://www.facebook.com/Tundranl.nl
NOVEMBER 2012 TRUCK OF THE MONTH CONTEST WINNER.!!
RYRWDBTTBYCDI # 69
BTCM # 79
TWACCM # 30
The Following User Says Thank You to dikkie For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (04-22-2013)
#25 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
haha.. Thanks guys.. I've already seen my truck driving around.. I've already been called dumb for selling it a million times by co workers, and whomever else.. You are all right.. I will prob regret it.. who knows, maybe I will buy another.. I kinda like the new style.. As I said before, I got paid my asking price. So, In my opinion I would be silly to say no..

As for tricking out my jetta.. I've already been down that path in my younger years.. and the roads up here are just garbage, and summers are short. So, It will stay stock. prob put fuel in it once a month.. and I will buy a house sooner than I had expected before..

here are a few of my previous rides.. I've always been a euro guy.. this was my first truck..

my 2000 passat.. which the toyota dealer would not take on trade..

so yea... back to my roots..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdutch For This Useful Post:
#26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundergas View Post
I thought this when I sold my 2011 DC and got into an Explorer. Less than a month later in a 2012 CM.

I understand the gas thing though. I think next will be a 4Runner or Landcruiser. I want to wait until the kiddos are older though and out of car seats, so eight years or so?
Do some research on 4Runners. Our 06 LTD gets a best of 20 mpg on the freeway with a tailwind. In town it gets 16-17 mpg. This is a V-6 too. So many people told us 22+ mpg.

12' CM Tundra, SR5, 5.7L, 4x4
14' Tacoma TRD Sport LB 4x4
Drinking problems #2023
"Out getting drunk with 3 hot chicks and 1 gay guy. 100% chance I'm getting laid, 75% chance I'm gonna like it...."
The Following User Says Thank You to ColoradoTJ For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (04-24-2013)
#27 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundergas View Post
I thought this when I sold my 2011 DC and got into an Explorer. Less than a month later in a 2012 CM.

I understand the gas thing though. I think next will be a 4Runner or Landcruiser. I want to wait until the kiddos are older though and out of car seats, so eight years or so?
If you think the tundra uses a lot of gas you definitely do not want a land cruiser. We bought a new 2011 land cruiser for my wife a couple years ago and don't get me wrong I love driving it, that is definitely the best vehicle we have ever owned but with the 5.7 and full time 4wd the gas mileage is abysmal. My wife doesn't drive far so it doesn't matter much but that thing is getting about 12.9 mpg. I have not been in a better road trip car though. Out on open highway at 65 it gets about 15.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The Following User Says Thank You to Platinumb For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (04-24-2013)

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion