New Tundra just got rear-ended!! - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,593 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hate to say it but the truck is materialistic. It can be fixed. I hit a 6 pt buck back in 08 costing $11,000. Was rearended last May cost $3,500. As long as everyone is okay is what matters. It does seem you have a bad situation there. Hope everything works out.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

THIS TRUCK
CAN TAKE
A HIT
AND KEEP
ON TICKIN'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickey For This Useful Post:
dikkie (01-17-2013), riccnick (01-17-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM

Thanked 1,284 Times in 582 Posts
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra View Post
Hmm...sounds similar to my health insurance premiums going up? Coincidence?

That is par for the course....you pay your "fair share", and abide by the law (pay for insurance), and you also have to pay someone elses share, and pay for them to break the law (not having insurance). WTF is new around here? Tired of this shit...jesus.

Here's my question. If I don't pay for insurance, and I crash someone, I get sued. If they (you know who "they" are) don't pay for insurance, and crash someone...nothing happens. WTF?

Same reason I pay taxes....so OTHER people don't have to pay taxes.
Same reason I have to pay daycares, so OTHER people can stay home with their kids.
Same reason I pay full price for groceries, so OTHER people can get better groceries than I can afford, for free.
Same reason I have to pay income tax, property tax, fees..blah blah blah, so OTHER people don't have to pay them...I hate this shit.
Its ok man, remember, Drunk is running for president....

Skate, sorry about your truck man, hope they fix it up nice for ya. Glad to hear you didn't kill anyone...

New EnglandTundra Club Member #10

2010 Toyota Tundra DC
5.7l, TRD Off Road, 4WD
Silver Sky Metallic
No Mods....Yet
The Following User Says Thank You to riccnick For This Useful Post:
dikkie (01-17-2013)
#18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
sorry to hear about that but at least you know who hit your vehicle. as for me it looks like an idiot turned too early and scraped my bumper. no damage to the chrome but the corner portion above the chrome bumper you can see where it was scraped with the paint rubbing off. it's minor compared to yours but the bottom line is... it could've been prevented. i wouldn't have upset if the other driver would've at least left a note instead of me discovering it the way i did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r8der For This Useful Post:
dikkie (01-17-2013), riccnick (01-18-2013)
#19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
"Off-Topic Discussion Troll"
Premium Member

Thanked 2,480 Times in 945 Posts
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
You let him off much easier that I would have....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuckNakedBooda For This Useful Post:
dikkie (01-17-2013), riccnick (01-18-2013)
#20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM
"The Closer"
Premium Member

Thanked 29,712 Times in 9,150 Posts
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateguy318 View Post
...he was 19 and just got his license that same day.... He did not have insurance... the vehicle he was driving was not his... prego girlfriend was with him...

so, for my better understanding;

19, newbee behind the wheel, not insured AND takes a pregnant girl with him during his first ride on an icey road...

oh yeah, i see a bright and shiny future for that schmuck...

good to see no one was harmed and insurance will take care of you..!!

although it sounds unbelievable, it could have been worse...

dikkie

5.7 4WD '08 cm ltd, b.u.cam, sonar parking sensors, puddle lights + signal in mirrors, 20" alloy, 305/50 Toyo tires, SSSB, moonroof, leather interior, hood protector, 3M vent visors, jason cap, stubby antenna, full map nav., dvd + wireless headsets, TRD dual exhausts, TRD rear sway bar, propane conversion, 60.75 gallon tanks, tow/haul package, CW-package...

http://www.facebook.com/Tundranl.nl
NOVEMBER 2012 TRUCK OF THE MONTH CONTEST WINNER.!!
RYRWDBTTBYCDI # 69
BTCM # 79
TWACCM # 30
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dikkie For This Useful Post:
AKtrd (01-19-2013), Mickey (01-17-2013), riccnick (01-18-2013)
#21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 PM

Sorry to hear that. Did you at least call the police and have him cited for driving without insurance or whatever else depending on your state laws? I was recently hit too, and vented about it the same on here. Good luck sounds like you have it worked out at least though.

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4x4 Slate Metallic
LRO 3/1, K&N, Magnaflow, Cabelas molded floor mats(weathertech), CMHLM, CM grill and front bumper, A little plasti dip.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KYslate For This Useful Post:
dikkie (01-18-2013), riccnick (01-18-2013)
#22 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 AM

Thanked 1,384 Times in 850 Posts
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra View Post
Hmm...sounds similar to my health insurance premiums going up? Coincidence?

That is par for the course....you pay your "fair share", and abide by the law (pay for insurance), and you also have to pay someone elses share, and pay for them to break the law (not having insurance). WTF is new around here? Tired of this shit...jesus.

Here's my question. If I don't pay for insurance, and I crash someone, I get sued. If they (you know who "they" are) don't pay for insurance, and crash someone...nothing happens. WTF?

Same reason I pay taxes....so OTHER people don't have to pay taxes.
Same reason I have to pay daycares, so OTHER people can stay home with their kids.
Same reason I pay full price for groceries, so OTHER people can get better groceries than I can afford, for free.
Same reason I have to pay income tax, property tax, fees..blah blah blah, so OTHER people don't have to pay them...I hate this shit.
I guess I'm used to the social programs up here so it doesn't even phase me. I'm lucky my employer pays my medical/dental. I just have to pay a tiny 30%+ income tax and another 12% on anything else I want to buy.
It doesn't pay to be working class.......

Crewmax LTD/NFAB SS/BHLM/LAHM/Husky Classic Liners/Line-x/Skyjacker 3" struts/Skyjacker 0-2 rears/Coachbuilder +2 Shackles/285/60/20 Duratracs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theoat For This Useful Post:
dikkie (01-18-2013), riccnick (01-18-2013)
#23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM

$10 000 fine here for not having insurance
The Following User Says Thank You to 16ga For This Useful Post:
riccnick (01-18-2013)
#24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 02:33 AM

(Thread Starter)
[quoteUmm what about the owner of the vehicle that he was driving ? Does the owner not have insurance on it ? If so then I would go after the owner so your insurance isn't footing the bill. Any ways sorry about your luck glad every one was all right.][/quote]

No he did not have any insurace what so ever. The vehicle wasnt even his. I have progressive and it has the uninsured driver in it so I am cover. As of now I have to pay the deductable but the insurance is going to get that reinbursted back to me from the kid.

Quote:
so, for my better understanding;

19, newbee behind the wheel, not insured AND takes a pregnant girl with him during his first ride on an icey road...

oh yeah, i see a bright and shiny future for that schmuck...

good to see no one was harmed and insurance will take care of you..!!

although it sounds unbelievable, it could have been worse...
I am glad no one was harmed either. If something happend to her baby I would feel horrible!

Quote:
Its ok man, remember, Drunk is running for president....

Skate, sorry about your truck man, hope they fix it up nice for ya. Glad to hear you didn't kill anyone...
Thanks man I appreciate it. That would really suck if someone were to have died..I would feel like major S**T.

2013 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Crew Max 4x4
#25 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 AM

(Thread Starter)
Update.

I turned in the accident report to the DMV and the guy ran the plates real quick and said that there were 4 people under the plate number and they are all going to get the driver license suspended.

2013 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Crew Max 4x4
#26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateguy318 View Post
I turned in the accident report to the DMV and the guy ran the plates real quick and said that there were 4 people under the plate number and they are all going to get the driver license suspended.
I heard on a commercial for insurance the other day that 1 out of 7 drivers are uninsured and I thought to myself no way, it can't be that bad, can it? So your saying the vehicle was not insured at all and four people were driving it? For some reason I don't think suspending their licenses is going to keep that vehicle off the road and preventing one of them from hitting and possibly killing someone else...

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4x4 Slate Metallic
LRO 3/1, K&N, Magnaflow, Cabelas molded floor mats(weathertech), CMHLM, CM grill and front bumper, A little plasti dip.
#27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
like said, get the owner of the vehicle to cough up the dough one way or the other. Had exact same issue guy hit my tundra, smashed my bumper and rear wiring harness over 1100 to replace and had to go to small claims court since guy had no insurance and no money and no job. He never paid up call after call and decided to call DMV and give them my small claims court paperwork showing he owes me full amount. DMV sent him a reply back stating he had X number of days to pay me and settle up or he would loose his drivers license which is the way it should be. Right after that letter, he coughed up the dough by taking out his retirement money and paying off some of his debts as well. This all took 10 long months though and was a hastle, but luckily my tundra was driveable with only a smashed in rear bumper and towing harness. Why run it thru your insurance since will count against you as an accident most likely if a claim is files under your insurance even though you are not at fault? My insurance should not raise for someone else's stupidity?
The Following User Says Thank You to cookiedough1 For This Useful Post:
Mickey (01-23-2013)

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion