Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Panama City Beach, Florida
Thanked 5,103 Times in 2,291 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
When I bought our Honda Odyssey here in Florida (2008) I looked at extended warranties outside florida because they were half price. NONE of the dealers I talked to would sell me a warranty if I had a florida registration.
Now it looks like that issue has been lifted. They used to regulate warranties like insurance but I just rechecked and it looks like they lifted that in 2010.
Motor Vehicle Service Agreement - Forms & Rate Issues
As a result of SB 2176, effective 06/01/2010, the requirement that forms and rates for motor vehicle service agreements (also referred to as an auto extended warranty).be filed and approved by the Office of Insurance Regulation has been lifted.
By July 1, 2011, each service agreement sold in this state must be accompanied by a written disclosure to the consumer that the rate charged for the service agreement is not subject to regulation by the OIR. A service agreement company may comply with this requirement by including such disclosure in its service agreement form or in a separate written notice provided to the consumer at the time of sale.
The OIR may order a service agreement company to stop using a form that:
1. Is in violation of or does not comply with the Florida Insurance Code or an Administrative Rule.
2. Contains any inconsistent, ambiguous, or misleading clauses, or exceptions and conditions which deceptively affect the risk purported to be assumed in the general coverage of the service agreement.
3. Has any title, heading, or other indication of its provisions which is misleading.
4. Is printed or otherwise reproduced in such manner as to render any material provision of the form substantially illegible.
5. Contains any provision which is unfair or inequitable or which encourages misrepresentation.
6. Contains any provision which makes it difficult to determine the actual insurer or service agreement company issuing the form.
7. Contains any provision for reducing claim payments due to depreciation of parts, except for marine engines.
I stand corrected, Thank You Florida for coming to your senses.
- I'm Ken and I approve this message -
2012 Black SR5 DC 5.7 - A couple upgrades....
Details in My Garage