F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
Premium Member

Thanked 12,226 Times in 5,045 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmom View Post
Well in my area our trucks come from the plant in Texas. They build them so far overseas then bring them to finish everything else on the truck to Texas is my understanding.
WHAT???? ALL Tundras are assembled in Texas from the frame up in one plant (in Texas). They are not partially assembled overseas. Most of the parts are from US factories. The engine comes from a Toyota plant in Alabama.

All mod descriptions and pictures © 2007-2014 by Toxarch. They may be copied only for personal use and the mods may be done for non-profit only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORON #1
Do not mention his name here. He spits on us and talks crap and you're directing people to him from our site? I don't think so. I know you're neutral and that's fine, but please do not mention him here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
shot even the filter says made in the usa.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 AM

Those are not bfg at ko's by the way, they are the rugged terrains
#19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 AM
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
Premium Member

Thanked 12,226 Times in 5,045 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
rugged trails.

All mod descriptions and pictures © 2007-2014 by Toxarch. They may be copied only for personal use and the mods may be done for non-profit only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORON #1
Do not mention his name here. He spits on us and talks crap and you're directing people to him from our site? I don't think so. I know you're neutral and that's fine, but please do not mention him here.
#20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibbMD View Post
If you've got a Texas Edition Tundra my guess is that you actually have BFG Rugged Terrains, not All Terrains. I certainly could be wrong but I haven't seen any Tundras with AT's from the dealer. In any case, the 285/55/20 is only slightly larger than 32in and there should be no problem whatsoever on these. Most can fit 275/60/20's (a 33in tire) with no lift. I second the recommendation to call BFG. I did when I stepped up to a 275/65/20 (34in) and wanted to know what pressures to run. Answered my question over the phone. FWIW, the 34's (E-rated) had a recommended pressure of 45psi front and rear so the 49psi does sound a little high to me.
I don't have a Texas Edition Tundra. It was just made there it is a TSS. And to people that keep saying they are Rugged terrains there not they are AT's But I will get some pics up here soon. Also to show all the clearance of everything within the tires.

To the guy earlier that said about being partly assembly the guy was confusing I dealt with later on he fixd that after talking with him he was meaning something different. But your riht they are all built in America.

Last edited by yourmom; 11-13-2012 at 10:14 AM.
#21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM

(Thread Starter)
Here's the pics. Sorry I know the other 2 pics are dirty but it's hunting season sooo needless to say she's not pretty right now. But as you can see they are All Terrain's not Rugged.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(4).JPG (115.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg photo(5).JPG (145.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg photo(6).JPG (152.6 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by yourmom; 11-13-2012 at 10:23 AM.
#22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

Mine came the same, but mine was a Texas Edition. Same wheel and tire.

Texas Tundra Club #37
Magnetic Grey Club #51

2011 CrewMax 5.7L 4x4

TODO: CAI (TRD), Lock & Drop Tailgate, Front Facing Camera (Help Me?!)

DONE: Charcoal Delete, LED Interior, K&N Drop In, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler's, 2.5" Level Kit, De-Badged, BHLM, Info Button, Smittybilt M1's.
#23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 PM

(Thread Starter)
Right Tundra Style I think it's a Gulf States thing and not a factory thing. I'm in Arkansas. So our trucks go through the same distribution place. But all in all I guess I'll follow the 49 psi then. Hopefully the centers aren't destroyed fast. How long have your had yours? And have you followed the 49 PSI?
#24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 PM

The Oklahoma Edition Tundras come the same way. Mine have the exact same wheels and tires.
#25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 PM

is the offset on those wheels different than my factory platinums?

2012 Platinum Crewmax 4x4 Mag Grey/ Red Rock. 20x9 XD Monster, 285/55/r20 BF Goody AT, Bakflip F1, stubby antenna, nav override switch, oem rubber mats.

FOR SALE

2010 TRD SR5 Crewmax 4x4 White/grey. 6" pro comp st 2, 20" XD Hoss, 35" Terra Grappler, volant, custom flow 50 exhaust, line-x, remote start, trd sway, factory tonneau: SOLD

#26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

I had mine less than a month and traded for the Trail Grapplers.

Texas Tundra Club #37
Magnetic Grey Club #51

2011 CrewMax 5.7L 4x4

TODO: CAI (TRD), Lock & Drop Tailgate, Front Facing Camera (Help Me?!)

DONE: Charcoal Delete, LED Interior, K&N Drop In, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler's, 2.5" Level Kit, De-Badged, BHLM, Info Button, Smittybilt M1's.
#27 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeis11 View Post
is the offset on those wheels different than my factory platinums?
Interested in the same info but I have the limited wheels. I would imagine the limited and platinum wheels have the same offset though.

2012 Crewmax Limited, Super White, 8" BAmuffler system, Debadged, tint, 20" Method NV wrapped in 285/55/20 Terra Grappler G2, Weathertech Floorliners, Bedrug, Bak Roll-X, TRD Rear Swaybar, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, BHLM with tinted DRLs, car seat

Future Plans: Color Matched Door Handles, aFe Pro Dry S Filter, Projector Retrofit
#28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM

I upgraded from a P-metric tire and now run BFG / TA KO LT tires on my 06 Tun DC. Start with the psi on the door if your tread is wearing on the outside tread then add air.
If the tread is wearing in the middle after adding air, then this means you added to much air, let some out, during this process you will want to measure and keep an eye on the tread.
Remember: Depending on the tire and size you may not need to change the psi recommended on the door. Secondly, some tires may wear evenly at different pressures. I now have my third set of tires on my Tun DC. First set I got about 45,000 miles, Second set I got right at 55,000 miles and now on my third set of TA KO's. I run my tires at 38 PSI. Now a hunting buddy of mine has the same set up except his is an 04 Tun DC and he runs 40 PSI with the same tires. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.