Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Optitron Gauges in a 2011 Grade?

16K views 51 replies 30 participants last post by  j_fuggin_t 
#1 ·
Well this is my first post on here so I hope this is in the right section. But I've been trying to research about the Optitron gauges offered in the Limited, to see if they can be swapped into a Grade, but all I can find is that they can only go into the SR5 trim. Or at least that was for 2007-2009. I can not find anything about Tundra's after 2009. I've tried asking several people who have performed the swap but they were all SR5 and were before 2010. If anyone has any info about if a 2011 Tundra Grade can get the Optitron gauges I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I want the megatron guages

#9 ·
Would love those gauges in my CM. What is the pain in the ass factor to add LED to the dash?

Reactions: Ogtoyfan
#13 ·
What's so good about those gauges? My brother has a limited and I have a rock warrior and from what I've seen I like mine better... Am I missing something? Never seen them at night. I like the way my truck has all orange lights and my brother actually complemented mine as well. Just curious

#14 ·
i HATE tundra gauges. fugliest thing on the market. whole reason why i wanted an f150. optitron looks good

Reactions: Ogtoyfan
#18 ·
I like em but not 500$ like em. Has anyone seen them on Ebay? i just checked and did not see any for auction.

#19 ·
Are we talking about a brand new set of gauges or swapping out of an existing limited? I remember some guys doing the swap but there was some issues about the odometer. It's real fuzzy but I remember something like the odometer memory is part of the gauge cluster and if you swap it out the mileage would not be right. (maybe techstream could calibrate?)

Last time I heard about this was almost 2yrs ago so maybe it has changed.

#21 ·
I remember reading that too. Apparently in the Tundra the mileage is stored in the cluster, NOT the ecu like in many vehicles. Therefore if you do a cluster swap you'll need to have your correct mileage programmed into it. There are only a few shops in the country that are certified and legally able to do it. Of course, you could just leave it as is, especially if you are already out of warranty anyway. The problem comes when you sell the vehicle. If the odometer is not accurate, you'll have to disclose that on the title. If you don't, and it comes to light later, you're looking at serious legal issues.

#27 ·
I just had Optitron guages installed in my 2011 SR5 price was $525 installed it takes maybe 15mins Max to do the swap. As stated before you have to leave your truck parked at the dealership while they order the part since the odometer reading will get programmed into the Optitrons prior to shipping. Overall I am very happy with the functions and the look of them. This can only be done on the SR5 package and up WILL NOT WORK on the grade model without a lot of other wiring and parts which will drive the price up way more than its worth. Below is a snapshot my friend and lead foreman at Findlay Toyota here in Vegas sent me as soon as he did my swap.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#28 ·
So does stuff like mpg display on the readout above the speaker as well as the dash?

Reactions: flyby08
#31 ·
You won't lose the function of the buttons they will just show up on your gauge cluster screen vs up by where the temperature is shown.You also gain a few new features and breakdowns that will show up on the little screen.

#32 ·
i might have to get this done, it was one of the reasons i wanted to get a limited...but i freakin hate wood grain lol

#34 ·
sitching the led's is super easy. for $450 cheaper, and only 3 hours of work that's what I went with. plus you can change the LED's to whatever color you want.

#35 ·
These guages are stupid bright drove at night for the first time and had to turn the brightness down. overall I am happy all the extra little features are pretty cool but ya for $450 less changing the bulbs is the cheaper answer plus like stated above you can do custom colors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.