New Toyota Hilux??? - Page 3 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#31 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The hilux is great. We had them in Iraq and Afghanistan. There great. Pretty beastly for a small truck. On another note, I heard something a while back that Toyota had a Diesel engine plan for the tundra had done a ton of testing with it but when the economy tanked they shelved the idea. Don't know the validity of it, was curious if anyone else has ever heard that. It would be great if it was true, I would definitely love a diesel, but a tundra sells itself any day over anything else on the market, gas or diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Motomx217; 12-09-2012 at 08:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Motomx217 For This Useful Post:
dikkie (12-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMist View Post
This is just a strawman they build. The Hilux gets DOUBLE the mpg of the comparable Tacoma so you tell me, even if it pollutes twice as much it gets twice the MPG so where's the rub?

Diesels now are crazy clean, nothing like what you find in China or other eastern countries, a lot of them have millions of two stroke vehicles which are dirty as all hell.

Let me put it to you this way, the EU has super restrictive emissions regulations and diesels are abundant there, and they are the CHEAPER option.
Us diesels do not get the mileage that pre 07 got. 07 and newer are supposed to be cleaner, so cleaner does not mean better mpg.

2013Crew Max 4x4 5.7 I force. Tint, led tails, and full interior LEDs. 20x9.5 +30 Enkei's with Toyo AT 2 extremes. Led headlights and led DRL'S.

2012 20ft South Bay pontoon
2008 Formula Fastech 292
1988 Eliminator Scorpion
1985 Checkmate Diplomat
2007 Outback 30ft 5th wheel (for sale)
The Following User Says Thank You to Relentless For This Useful Post:
dikkie (12-12-2012)
#33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
Us diesels do not get the mileage that pre 07 got. 07 and newer are supposed to be cleaner, so cleaner does not mean better mpg.
Yes, but that is fairly easily reversed too. The majority of the emissions crap is on the exhaust, so run a new pipe sans emissions crap and maybe a tune and you should be done.

2010 Black on Black 4x4 5.7l CrewMax.
5% Tint
Charcoal Filter Delete
Stock Muffler Dumped Before Rear Axle
Cutouts
The Following User Says Thank You to NordicMist For This Useful Post:
dikkie (12-12-2012)
#34 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Yes, but that is fairly easily reversed too. The majority of the emissions crap is on the exhaust, so run a new pipe sans emissions crap and maybe a tune and you should be done.
Some states you may be able to get away with jacking with the emission, but I would not want to risk the fine. Not to mention a dickhead service manager who won't warranty the truck. Don't ask me how I know!!

2013Crew Max 4x4 5.7 I force. Tint, led tails, and full interior LEDs. 20x9.5 +30 Enkei's with Toyo AT 2 extremes. Led headlights and led DRL'S.

2012 20ft South Bay pontoon
2008 Formula Fastech 292
1988 Eliminator Scorpion
1985 Checkmate Diplomat
2007 Outback 30ft 5th wheel (for sale)
The Following User Says Thank You to Relentless For This Useful Post:
dikkie (12-12-2012)
#35 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM
"The Closer"
Premium Member

Thanked 29,712 Times in 9,150 Posts
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
...Let me put it to you this way, the EU has super restrictive emissions regulations and diesels are abundant there, and they are the CHEAPER option.

partly right, the diesels in the EU are priced higher compared to gas vehicles, however the price of diesel at the gas station makes up for the difference when driving more than about 12,500 miles / 20.000 km a year, due to higher roadtaxes... ( the gain is in lower maintenance costs too... )

dikkie

5.7 4WD '08 cm ltd, b.u.cam, sonar parking sensors, puddle lights + signal in mirrors, 20" alloy, 305/50 Toyo tires, SSSB, moonroof, leather interior, hood protector, 3M vent visors, jason cap, stubby antenna, full map nav., dvd + wireless headsets, TRD dual exhausts, TRD rear sway bar, propane conversion, 60.75 gallon tanks, tow/haul package, CW-package...

http://www.facebook.com/Tundranl.nl
NOVEMBER 2012 TRUCK OF THE MONTH CONTEST WINNER.!!
RYRWDBTTBYCDI # 69
BTCM # 79
TWACCM # 30
#36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 AM

I think someone was asking for pics overseas?

The pic with the Hilux's with the snorkels belonged to the German Special Forces when we were there, but other units and countries did have them, they were also popular with the three letter agencies.

The Italian's had a pretty bad truck, it looked like our civilian H2's but I forget who made them, those dudes were hilarious...they loved RAP music! You use to hear them rolling up blaring 50 Cent because oddly enough, their tactical vehicles had a radio and sound system? I was jealous.

The next one is a up armored land cruiser, the black one you see was mine and we would use that to tear through the city faster to get fob's that were close. Strictly and evade and manuever vehicle, it was really fun driving these in the city as it had a manual gearbox and didnt have the lag and horrible turn radius's as our MRAP's and HMVEE's, but lacked any offensive capabilitie's minus jumping curves to avoid traffic and doing quick turn arounds if you got off the main roads.

Last, is the monster land cruisers...these were only used by NATO forces and I actually never saw these go outside the gates...mainly used on bases for running from one end to another...

I have more pics somewhere of all the different trucks and vehicles, I just gotta find them on my hard drives
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GermanSpecops.jpg (58.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Italians.jpg (191.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Lowviscruiser.jpg (187.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg natorunner.jpg (52.0 KB, 12 views)

2011 Tundra Double Cab Black
Mods...We don't need no stinking mods...
The Following User Says Thank You to AbsolutGT For This Useful Post:
dikkie (12-12-2012)

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion