Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

One thing you hate about your Tundra...

626K views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  Wynnded 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to hear some of the other forum users opinions on how they feel about certain areas of their truck that they might dislike that other users love.

For me, I am very displeased with the DC's baby friendly capabilities. It is absolutely horrible. I knew I should have gone with the crewmax ha ha.

If I wanted a perfect world I would have gone with a mini-van.. Still trying to talk the old lady into letting me get one for her..

The more comfortable of position and not to mention the proper position of the baby seat (rear facing) the more uncomfortable it is for the passenger in the front.. But for me, I don't care how comfortable my passenger is, my sons life is more important to me.

#3 ·
I don't have a baby and don't need "nannies" and the bullsht LSD. I wish they gave ME all the power and let me and the diff figure out what to do with it!

#4 ·
gas guzzling piggie

#6 ·
Ride: No problems with it EXCEPT for going over expansion joints on the highways. At speed going over those things I get a kind of sailboat type motion... there is the initial hit, then a WAY overexhagerated up and down motion with the body. Wouldn't call it bed bounce, so much as feeling like I'm on a boat that hits a huge wave and gets tossed in the air. Wife told me once or twice it made her seasick. Changing from the crappy Bridgestone all season tires to Toyo Open Country All Terrains has all but eliminated this. Excess drama over exansion joints and big highway potholes is now minimal and the truck can absorb large road irregularities without bobbing up and down like a canoe riding a tidal wave.

Toyota should find a way to engineer a back seat in the crewmax that folds UP against the rear wall but still slides and reclines. I don't think it's impossible. I just think that making it fold down was the cheapest and easiest solution and they didn't want to invest in doing it the other way until they got a sense that that's what customers really wanted.

I also don't like that some of the interior is smooth painted plastics rather than textured and died. Chips and scratches tend to happen more easily than they did in my Dakota, a truck that had a set of much much worse problems but which had a pretty solid, durable interior that stood up well to 5 years of abuse.

Other than that, this truck is faster than my 04 Dakota Quad Cab in every respect, feels more maneuverable, and has what feels like twice the interior space for only about 5 grand extra. I do not see a whole lot to complain about and pray that the next redesign is a tweak of the same concept with a fresh face rather than a ground-up redesign.

#8 ·
The taillight color and design. ;)

Reactions: Ogtoyfan
#10 · (Edited)
Only thing I hate about my truck is how weak the A/C is and the sh!tty paintjob... Oh and one more thing, the lack of performance products!!

#12 ·
Once your kid is big enough to face forward, you won't have those issues. My son is 4, and all is good, especially since I replaced the stock bars with N-fabs so he can step right up on 'em now. As far as the mini van thing goes, the wife has a Sienna that we love. I'm having a hard time coming up with something I hate about my truck...

#86 ·
X2......What were they thinking????????

#14 ·
Not much to complain about besides the lack of performance modifications

#15 ·
For me, I am very displeased with the DC's baby friendly capabilities. It is absolutely horrible. I knew I should have gone with the crewmax ha ha.
trust me, pretty much every car out there sucks with those damn rear facing baby seats. We bought a Sienna when the kids starter appearing and havent regretted it one bit. Power sliding doors are a gift from heaven.

My advice, suck it up... The dc is absolutely awesome as soon as the kids are out of the rearward facing seats. The 6.5' bed & smaller doors is the perfect compromise, there is as much room back there as in most cars.

Get your wife in a minivan and you will find yourself loving going places with all the gear that comes with kids.

#18 ·
I dislike that my 2011 doesn't have lights in the doors like my 2010 did...oh and I HATE that my paint scratched so easily by some small bush/tree branches...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: TRD-X
#19 ·
i would say i hate the bed bounce but it only shows up on houston highways that are 90% segmented bullshit. and i have ridden in plenty of other full sized trucks in the same areas to realize its just the road mixing with the long wheel base so just gotta suck that one up. I hate the ****in paint, its a really pretty shade of red but good lord it chips easily and it really chaps my ass. The fact its a toyota bugs me as well, no programmer and barely a handful of bolt on performance mods sucks and its all cause its a toyota.... if it were a chevy or a dodge it would of had a programmer out the 2 months before it was even available for purchase. Our bolt pattern ****ing blows, i understand toyota engineered it to be very strong but i bet they could of used a typical more highly used pattern with the same results and gave us a few more wheel choices. our crap LSD's, really toyota?? the truck ****ing sucks offroad without alot of mods and our little one wheel peels are just sad.... we got 400 ponies to play with yet only one wagon wheel to light up? other than the interior being plasticy and toyota making the gauge cluster the same god awful orange color from '98 there is nothing wrong with the truck, no major eff ups on their part, incredibly reliable hard working truck that all the problems i have with it can easily be fixed with a few modifications and busted knuckles

#188 ·
GO JR This weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 ·
Wish I had a crewmax now that I have a 6 month old son and swings, bouncers, diaper bags, toys and of course my wife to transport :). Have to haul the damn house when we go to grandmas :) Not hauling any of my toys anymore since I sold them so the longer bed is null and void now lol.

This post has been deleted
#25 · (Edited)
Okay......Gabe reminded me that there is one thing that I hate......the damn annoying arse amber lights covering the dash. I get in my wife's Sienna, and see the awesome looking blue panel lights. Also, the fact that the amber DRLs run so hot that they are burning the sockets, and no one seems to be able to come up with a simple cool running led to replace it.

#28 ·
My #1 problem is the PAINT. My super white CM went flatter than my first girlfriend. I just had both sides painted because I needed other work done...shouldn't have had to pay extra to repaint two entire sides because of obvious, wide-spread systemic paint issues from Toyota.

Reactions: Buckshot
#31 ·
My #1 problem is the PAINT. My super white CM went flatter than my first girlfriend.
:nopics:

:nopics:

Agree on the paint not being thick enough and scratches way too easily along with the inferior thickness of sheet metal on the tailgate and some cheap interior components such as my driver's seat/track which is in the shop now for the 3rd attempt to fix it before having to replace it.

#538 ·
Yessssssss.... I have been saying this! Why do they not offer remote start?
I was going to have it done after market and everyone keeps talking me out of it saying they have too many issues with it. :mad:

Reactions: Verger
#30 ·
although a minor annoyance, wipers don't work on accesory setting. when its raining (it rains ALOT here) and i am sitting in the truck listening to tunes while waiting for the wife to come out of the store, i have to always flick the key, or sit there with the key in "on" which i don't like to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.