Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Quicksand Club!

43K views 101 replies 41 participants last post by  Eagle45 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is for quicksands, the fastest, best looking, camouflaged, model Tundra ever! lol!

Post pics of your quicksand and mods! Also, does she have a name? Mine is called the Desert Rover! I am working on some sliders and holding out for an Arb bumper/winch. I am glad I got a retractable cover. It is bone dry under it even in our wet weather. The led bed lights are must with a cover. The grip handle was a must mod. Stupid that Toyota did away with it. I know driving the Fj80 with 38s made me feel invisible in terms of approach and departure angles and not to mention clearance. I will have to watch out when out there. I would not mind a 48 gallon tank. I have feeling she might get hijacked by the wife soon. Oh, working on flares, also. If anyone is interested I am narrowing down some powder to match quicksand. I am close, but might have to get a new formula done. I am going to ship my touch up paint to a powder manufacture and see if they can get close or match it. I would powder coat the Arb, wheels, sliders, rear bumper, swing arm in quicksand and in due time rattle can it the rest. ;) I cannot wait to drop a dead animal in the bed.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I got crazy and washed mine today. Still pretty much bone stock with window tint and an UnderCover Flex tonneau. Tires, CB shims and shackles and maybe different wheels are next. White Knuckle sliders are already on order.

I call mine TuRD Ferguson. :D

#11 ·
sand colored trdpros

View attachment 602642

Fender flares, window tint. TRD air filter, and Husky floor mats and console organizer. Plan on leaving pretty much everything else stock unless I start blowing tires in the rocks.
No one cares about my negative views on the QS color but add blk flares and window tint on a DC model and it grows on you a bit.

I still think Toyota must of got a close out deal from either UPS, FedX or the Army on the QS color that one of them developed but chose not to use.
:nerd:

#10 ·
Got mine two weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I have the Raptor 4" Black Nerf Bars on order from Amazon $220 including shipping. I will probably throw them on next weekend. I will post some pics once they're up. Thinking about a Leer cap with LED light bars and a bed rug for some serious off the grid truck camping. A local place quoted me $2,700 for all OTD including install and tax so I may have to wait on that until the spring. The problem is that if you pull up to a shop with a truck like this for a quota they are likely to try to squeeze you for a little more. I call mine Afghanis-tan, a term coined by another user on this forum. Although my two sons prefer "ZRV" or zombie reconnaissance vehicle. New tires are on the list but they may have to wait if I decide to blow nearly 3K on the cap and bedrug.

Attachments

#14 ·
Ordered new socks and shoes for mine yesterday. Method Roost in black 18x9 wrapped in Cooper ST Maxx 275/70R18 rubber. Didn't feel like going with 295's for the sake of fuel economy and maintaining as much articulation for the suspension as possible. Hoping the 275's fill up the wheel wells enough that it looks good, but still has room inside the wheel arches to "perform" off road.

Should have them by next weekend. :)

Reactions: 1shot1kill
#16 ·
It has begun! I was so excited that I took pictures at night at a Toyota dealer that I did not buy my pro from! LOL! A salesman ran and said are you trading that in! I said yes, 10k over sticker! I will take some more picture tomorrow! Now, she is following my FJ80. My daughter loves them both and calls them dad's khaki tuck!

Attachments

#31 ·
I thought it was a little early! Down in LA visiting now and the quitos are already out in full force in some areas. NUTS! What type of wax did you use? Are you planning any further mods?

#34 ·
If anyone has a QS CM with the pillar tape removed can you post pics please? Thanks!

#36 ·
My wife would never admit to liking one because she knows what the consequence could be.

I just keep asking her if she wants to see the Pro they have on the lot.
Eventually I will likely get a new Tundra and by then she will be so annoyed with me that she'll just want me to buy it so I shut up >:D

#39 ·
Getting ready to join the QS Club in the next 1-2 weeks! Took order on a CM with a big thanks to ringodon up in Temple, TX and it is looking to be built around the 19th of this month. Wife has already told me not to jack with it and keep it as is but we'll see about that ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.