Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

< TRD PRO Tundra Club >

95K views 388 replies 119 participants last post by  shrpshtr37 
#1 · (Edited)
This will be the thread that we call home. We definitely need one here to share what works, what doesn't, and see what everyone does in one spot.

Lets get it started :clap:

First order, thoughts on the sig for the club?

Roster:
InfernoTundra - #01
IndianaJames - #02
Driverdog - #03
Bluesun - #04
Garand - #05
bearpro - #06
ludakrs - #07
BayouPRO - #08
2015TundraPro - #09
XHILR8N! - #10
MrTuRDPro - #11
FlyingV - #12
yapbunzai - #13
LUGNUT - #14
axiscrane - #15
Gmo Garci - #16
Asp17 - #17
Surffshr - #18
TRD PRO - #19
dparr - #20
TRDproCM - #21
TRDPRO1 - #22
levidale08 - #23
Dcsleeper408 - #24
Skinnybenny - #25
Autofanatic - #26
TRD15PRO - #27
djchanley - #28
cruzinwyo - #29
Tundratrdproracer - #30
raptor429 - #31
hball22 - #32
jefforj - #33
TRD15559 - #34
mike mo - #35
TRDPRO-GREG - #36
Abel Sneed - #37
OnIowa - #38
dummy157 - #39
mbotz - #40
BPRescue - #41
CleanMachine - #42
Buncherboy - #43
Eliot Woodworth - #44
hotshotrob236 - #45
phithebuilder - #46
awedio - #47
15TRD Pro - #48
at1222 - #49
Bhasek - #50
Cutter29 - #51
gizmo - #52
campbellsoutlaw - #53
SMSmitty - #54
RC_86 - #55
WarEagle! - #56
Digital - #57
LanTRDPro - #58
The Punisher - #59
cjclair - #60
mattmann - #61
rolly - #62
phillpot_2 - #63
Fresh_PRO - #64
Supra Dr - #65
FLIPT0UT - #66
mk3guy - #67
LiLPinoY - #68
cmoore55 - #69
Capt1450 - #70
ansione - #71
DETN8R - #72
BDC8541 - #73
PaulHGG - #74
jkopp - #75
pauljadam - #76
rivman69 - #77
kfrd - #78
nemesis4u - #79
Trig - #80
RadOpRob - #81
pro-nj - #82
angrypistols - #83
bigbrnco - #84

See less See more
#3 ·
So this is what's in my sig right now:
TRD Pro Tundra Club #1
Where the COLOR="DarkOrange"

#11 ·
I'll join this and update my signature as it becomes clearer what everyone agrees to.

Count me in too. Any word on the signature! I've only seen one suggestion and I'm not creative either so looking forward to everyone's input.

I've only put power steps and a custom center console insert on so far, but have plans on swingcases, tonneau cover, sprayliner, tailgate step, and a few other bed storage ideas.

Reactions: InfernoTundra
#5 · (Edited)
Im in!

I should note that im moving to va weekend after next. Richmond area. So we could get a meet!

My options were the bed reails with the tie down slides, the organizer in the console and that looks like it. Dealer said they didnt get to pick. It was sent to them based in sales.

#6 ·
My options were the bed reails with the tie down slides, the organizer in the console and that looks like it. Dealer said they didnt get to pick. It was sent to them based in sales.
Mine also came with the bed rails and I wasn't expecting it. As a result, I ended up with a tonneau cover without the rail drops. I'll have to add the kit after. That being said, they're easy to put in/out if I was ever going to not have the cover on for a while. Not sure that'll ever happen though.

#8 ·
I'm in!
I picked up my 2015 Black Trd pro last Saturday.
I've been very happy so far.
Need to add step bar, Roll up bed cover with lock sooner than later.
Will eventually add a super charger, up-graded tires, bush fender flares.
I've been a little underwhelmed with the sound system and the fact that the headlights are not automatic, but overall very impressed.
Sounds and feels so good.....

#9 · (Edited)
Agreed about the sound system.. going to have to do a few upgrades on that.

The headlights not being automatic was unexpected too. But at least they'll auto shut off, but its hard to jump out of the truck when that buzzer is going off without just killing them myself.

The one thing I don't like is the headlights themselves. they're bright enough, just don't shine down the road far enough. going to have to figure out a solution for that. On dark roads you'd need to be driving under 50 to safely see further than your stopping distance.

Yes I'm aware of the aiming dial :)

#14 ·
I'm in. Delivery date is for March 5th so I don't have it yet.

I will be picking it up with the remote start, bed liner, TRD Supercharger and the TRD Sway bar. It's Black.

"Planned" Mods:
Diamond Back bed cover
Window Tint
Some custom lights not sure which or where
Debadge
Stubby Antenna
IAFF Vanity plate
Mesh Grille I'll be selling mine for a custom job.
ARB Bumpers (front and rear)
Rock rails- not sure what kind.
Roof Rack- not sure what kind
Swing out side cargo boxes mounted to the inner bed walls- again not sure which

#15 ·
I'm in. Delivery date is for March 5th so I don't have it yet.

I will be picking it up with the remote start, bed liner, TRD Supercharger and the TRD Sway bar. It's Black.

"Planned" Mods:
Rock rails- not sure what kind.

Swing out side cargo boxes mounted to the inner bed walls- again not sure which
I'm interested in what rock rails and cargo boxes you're looking at?

I'm leaning really hard towards these sliders

#17 ·
I love the way the 2015 Trd pro sounds and feels. How much would the super-charger add to the feel? I know we are boosting HP, but can you really feel or hear a difference?
I'd like to upgrade my sound system, but hate to screw with my new toy too much. Everything right now is tight and solid and I'd hate to mess that up. I assume I'll need to add an amp and improve the speakers. Have any of you done it? I'm considering the bushwacker fender flares to toughen up the look. I'd go with black and black screws on my black TRD. I "need" rock rails and am going to add some sort of retractable bed cover.
I know all of this is covered on other pages, but it's nice to know your advice as it specifically pertains to the 2015 Trd pro.
Thanks for your help.

#18 ·
It'll add ~120HP and ~150Tq to the feel :p

The question you have to ask is if that's work the ~7k. Do you need it? Are you going to be pissed at the gas mileage after? Etc. Personally, I'll hold off until it's not a daily driver.

Unsure on the audio, not my thing. I definitely recommend the audio part of the forum for that.

Bushwhacker flares are among the most common and there are some pictures of the 2014/2015 trucks with them around in various colors. I usually like them better with wheel/tire adjustments so that the flares don't stick out way past the tires.

My personal 2 cents.

Reactions: bearpro
#19 ·
I want to be part of the club too!!

What number are we up to now? Am I number 4?

Mods to mine so far:

Toyota Center Console Organizer
Line-X Spray In Bedliner
Tuxedo Lo Pro Bed Cover
Weathertech Rear Mats
Husky Xact Fit Front Mats

I agree the audio system in these trucks is abysmal.

I would also like some more storage and some side steps.

I am debating on the UnderCover swing boxes, but I am not a fan of drilling holes in my brand new truck.

I am also intersted in the Iron Cross Patriot Running Boards or the N-Fabs.

Coming from a decked out 2012 Avalanche Z71 I was kind of spoiled. The leather seats, the TV for the kids, the Bose stereo, the side best storage compartments, the secure top, the locking tailgate.... I could go on and on. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the Pro. Just a different beast.

#22 ·
ome side steps.

I am debating on the UnderCover swing boxes, but I am not a fan of drilling holes in my brand new truck.
I actually thought they were no-drill, and I'm glad I caught this, probably remove them from my list.

#25 ·
#26 ·
Thanks for the links... I was looking at the du-ha stuff last night. For some reason I didn't get excited over them. It looked like the humpster was a little wide and might stick out further than the wheel well. I do like the fact that a couple rifles can fit in there though.

#27 · (Edited)
Have to chime in. Traded a month old Land Cruiser to have something a lot more fun! Stumbled on it just off the truck. So glad to find a double cab as a CrewMax does not suit our needs.

Nfabs, Leer 700 tonneau with wired in lights and unlocks per standard fob. Bedrug. Rear sway bar. Designing a sound system. Will be a good one.

This vehicle is a ton of fun. But compared to our 2007 XS-P, they have gone over it and removed many nice features. Many. Cheapened it a lot. But still a grand vehicle we are way proud to own.

#29 ·
Have to chime in. Traded a month old Land Cruiser to have something a lot more fun! Stumbled on it just off the truck. So glad to find a double cab as a CrewMax does not suit our needs.

Nfabs, Leer 700 tonneau with wired in lights and unlocks per standard fob. Bedrug. Rear sway bar. Designing a sound system. Will be a good one.

This vehicle is a ton of fun. But compared to our 2007 XS-P, they have gone over it and removed many nice features. Many. Cheapened it a lot. But still a grand vehicle we are way proud to own.
I am thinking about the N-Fabs. I had them on one of my Wranglers and they held up well. Kind of torn between N-Fabs and the Iron Cross HD steps. However, I have been reading some bad reviews on the Iron Cross stuff though.

Iron Cross: Link

Some different looking N-Fabs I am also considering: Link

#28 ·
XHILR8N!,

I really like the look of your truck with the Leer 700 tonneau cover. Of all the covers I looked at.. this one appealed to me the most and it's nice to see it on the Inferno.

looks good!

Could you post a picture sometime of the back as you come up to it? I'd like to see how it fits with the tailgate. I like that it's not just flat on top, it has contour and looks perfect on the Pro.

Nice first picture of the Inferno cooling its shoes!

#30 ·
Interesting design on those nfabs. I'm a Dentist, have have known of a few times that women did a face plant after catching a heel on a bar similar to the ones I have. This one you are looking at does not appear to have that big opening behind the step.

#31 ·
Can I join? Can I join? Ooooh oooohhh oooohhh, pick me! Pick me! PICK MEEEE!

Okay, I've cracked myself up long enough.

I took SIG spot #11 .

XHILR8N!...sweet tonneau cover bro!

#32 ·
Has anyone heard anyone running the Toyo Open Country R/T's in 33x12.50R18 on the the stock TRD PRO wheels?

I know there are a lot of guys running 295/70's with very little issue (some guys had to remove that front little mud flap thing?)

I don't know that I want to go all the way up to a 35" tire, and I thought these might be the ticket.

Thoughts?

#36 ·
I've done quite a bit of research on this and the 33's are what I was originally going to go with. Looking at my trusty calculator (Tire Size Calculator) the difference is mainly going to be a loss of sidewall height and diameter going with the 33's, which is a good thing with packing the tire into the fender well. The crucial consideration with this is that you must evaluate the difference in offset for your aftermarket wheel. TRD Pro wheels are +60 if I'm not mistaken. With an 18x9 wheel you should be safe with no less than a +12 to +18 offset (this will push the wheel/tire our past your fender well around 2.5" more than they are already).

Anyhow, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work with very little, if any, trimming or removal of mudflaps required.

#35 ·
Where'd you get the Supercharger? Didn't know it was an option on the TRD Pro. What kinds of goodies are you seeing on a dyno?

#37 ·
Supercharger is a long story, they installed it then realized they didn't have the ECM code.

They kept the truck for 5 weeks as they didn't know what to do a complete shambles.

I stopped by yesterday at dealer to complain again and before I could they said you can take the truck, so I did runs fine but have to go back to get the ECM code done when they release it.

#43 ·
Mine has been great so far. I have about 600 miles on it. We had a 'blizzard' this past weekend and I just had to take it out. The Pro handled the uneven snow/ice great. There were chunks missing in some spots were the plows dug in. The suspension really seemed to soak up the unevenness and I always felt like the wheels were firmly on the ground and not bouncing in and out of the holes.

I was expecting the truck to be worse in the snow than my heavier Avalanche, but it wasn't the case. The backend is a little light, but it is very controllable. This truck has a ton of power, especially when you hit the Tow/Haul button.

#45 ·
Purchased at the end of November and we're at 4k miles already >_<. Has been fantastic thus var and loving the room for the CrewMax, which is larger than the wife's previous SUV. It takes the bumps/potholes a lot better than my car as well :-D

On a serious note, I've been nothing but happy with it thus far, and it's been great in the snow. Made it through about a foot of very soft snow on the lawn yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.