"The Official AZ Tundra Club" - Page 8 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Tundra Clubs
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #106 (permalink)
"Bumper Bender"
Premium Member
 
2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 19.646162,37.295239
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 6,949
Thanked 6,984 Times in 3,518 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
I have already been driving myself nuts looking at all the lift options. I think I have settled on a coilover/UCA type system (eventually) so that the truck doesn't get so tall that I need a ladder to get a dirbike in the back and a crane to get my 990 Adventure in there.
If you keep her in the garage then make sure you don't lift so much that she no longer fits in the garage. That is the main reason I kept to a 3" lift but it seems like some people forget about that and are surprised to find their expensive truck must now live outside in the AZ heat.
__________________

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ˝ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #107 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 27
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CrewMaxTRD View Post
If you keep her in the garage then make sure you don't lift so much that she no longer fits in the garage. That is the main reason I kept to a 3" lift but it seems like some people forget about that and are surprised to find their expensive truck must now live outside in the AZ heat.
Oh no. My wife will not allow trucks in the garage. That's home to the motorcycles only (KTM 530, Super Enduro and 990 Adventure).
__________________
2012 Black Tundra Double Cab TRD 2WD
AZTC Member #24
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yardstick For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #108 (permalink)
"Bumper Bender"
Premium Member
 
2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 19.646162,37.295239
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 6,949
Thanked 6,984 Times in 3,518 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
Oh no. My wife will not allow trucks in the garage. That's home to the motorcycles only (KTM 530, Super Enduro and 990 Adventure).
Nice! Personally, I think I would want the $30k+ truck in the garage out of the sun, wind and blowing dust, especially with the horrible Toyota paint but to each their own, especially if that is what the wifey wants.
__________________

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ˝ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 27
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CrewMaxTRD View Post
Nice! Personally, I think I would want the $30k+ truck in the garage out of the sun, wind and blowing dust, especially with the horrible Toyota paint but to each their own, especially if that is what the wifey wants.
It's a catch-22. If we had a garage big enough for all the toys and the trucks we wouldn't have the toys or the trucks. I wish I knew more about this paint before I bought the truck though. Just one of many regrets with this thing (most center around the dealer).
__________________
2012 Black Tundra Double Cab TRD 2WD
AZTC Member #24
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yardstick For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #110 (permalink)
"Bumper Bender"
Premium Member
 
2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 19.646162,37.295239
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 6,949
Thanked 6,984 Times in 3,518 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
It's a catch-22. If we had a garage big enough for all the toys and the trucks we wouldn't have the toys or the trucks. I wish I knew more about this paint before I bought the truck though. Just one of many regrets with this thing (most center around the dealer).
If I were you, especially since your truck is black, I would get a good DA polisher and break down the truck really well and apply a very high quality wax as soon as possible to get a head start on keeping your paint looking good. I spent about 12 hours doing that on my Tundra a few months back. It was a lot of work but I was able to get out almost all of the desert pin striping and swirl marks, now I just reapply wax when I see the water is not beading up on the paint. Black Tundras usually have swirl marks already even when they are brand new.
__________________

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ˝ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 27
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CrewMaxTRD View Post
If I were you, especially since your truck is black, I would get a good DA polisher and break down the truck really well and apply a very high quality wax as soon as possible to get a head start on keeping your paint looking good. I spent about 12 hours doing that on my Tundra a few months back. It was a lot of work but I was able to get out almost all of the desert pin striping and swirl marks, now I just reapply wax when I see the water is not beading up on the paint. Black Tundras usually have swirl marks already even when they are brand new.
That's something else that has been driving me nuts since I bought this truck. I knew black would be a more difficult color to care for, but I had no idea the dealer would start me off behind the eight ball with it.



Rather than spend the money on products and equipment and the time polishing and waxing or sealing, I found a really good detailer who will do it all for a reasonable price.
__________________
2012 Black Tundra Double Cab TRD 2WD
AZTC Member #24
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yardstick For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #112 (permalink)
"Bumper Bender"
Premium Member
 
2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 19.646162,37.295239
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 6,949
Thanked 6,984 Times in 3,518 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
That's something else that has been driving me nuts since I bought this truck. I knew black would be a more difficult color to care for, but I had no idea the dealer would start me off behind the eight ball with it.



Rather than spend the money on products and equipment and the time polishing and waxing or sealing, I found a really good detailer who will do it all for a reasonable price.
Yep, that is not surprising. Look through this thread:
Ask the Guru - Detailing Questions

I am pretty sure there are a couple guys who have done wonders to their black Tundras in that thread.
__________________

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ˝ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #113 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 27
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CrewMaxTRD View Post
Yep, that is not surprising. Look through this thread:
Ask the Guru - Detailing Questions

I am pretty sure there are a couple guys who have done wonders to their black Tundras in that thread.
I have spent a lot of time already on Autogeek and Tundra Solutions forums trying to find the right thing to do about all that. I'm just going to defer to the detailer I found and be done with it. I know how time consuming it can be to detail a big truck and I'm just not that into it. I should have gone for the Barcelona Red version but I didn't like the beige interior. Oops.
__________________
2012 Black Tundra Double Cab TRD 2WD
AZTC Member #24
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yardstick For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
silver_yota24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 40
Thanks: 18
Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
"The Official AZ Tundra Club"

Joined TT this week and just stumbled upon the group! I'm up in north Phoenix and bought my tundra on Monday!

Finally got a picture up! Thanks guys



Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
__________________

2013 Tundra DC 5.7L 4x4
3" Rough Country spacer, TRD shocks, 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
55W 8000K DDM HID lows & fogs, BHLM
Python 574 Alarm w/ Remote Start
AZTC Member #28

Last edited by silver_yota24; 02-04-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: picture
silver_yota24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silver_yota24 For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #115 (permalink)
"Bumper Bender"
Premium Member
 
2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 19.646162,37.295239
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 6,949
Thanked 6,984 Times in 3,518 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_yota24 View Post
Joined TT this week and just stumbled upon the group! I'm up in north Phoenix and bought my tundra on Monday!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Welcome silver_yota24, post a pic of your Tundra so I can add you as a member.
__________________

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ˝ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #116 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
brockeverly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 723
Thanks: 396
Thanked 564 Times in 342 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
I have already been driving myself nuts looking at all the lift options. I think I have settled on a coilover/UCA type system (eventually) so that the truck doesn't get so tall that I need a ladder to get a dirbike in the back and a crane to get my 990 Adventure in there.
I will have a Rough Country 2-2.5-3" front spacer for sale cheap here shortly if you want to just level it out
__________________
2012 Crewmax / TRD Off-Road / 4x4 / 5.7 / 18x9 Level 8 Guardians / 295-70 Trail Grapplers / OME 614 / Toytec AAL / CB +2
Daystar Airbag Cradle / Light Racing UCA / Airlift 5000 / AFE XPB / AFE Stage II / 5% Tint / Transferflow 46gal / Jayco 19H in Tow
AZTC13 BIGRIG63
brockeverly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brockeverly For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
krewmaxxed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,701
Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,426 Times in 754 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Re: "The Official AZ Tundra Club"

So when are we all gonna get together for a meet? Spring training baseball is right around the corner!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
__________________
I CANT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE!!
krewmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krewmaxxed For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 27
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockeverly View Post
I will have a Rough Country 2-2.5-3" front spacer for sale cheap here shortly if you want to just level it out
That could work. It would be nice to have the clearance of a little bit of lift for some of the places I go to ride the dirtbikes. The coilover/UCA route is probably overkill for what I'll be doing with the truck, but the lure of more suspension travel is strong!
__________________
2012 Black Tundra Double Cab TRD 2WD
AZTC Member #24
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yardstick For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #119 (permalink)
"Bumper Bender"
Premium Member
 
2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 19.646162,37.295239
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 6,949
Thanked 6,984 Times in 3,518 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krewmaxxed View Post
So when are we all gonna get together for a meet? Spring training baseball is right around the corner!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
That is a pretty good idea.
__________________

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ˝ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
brockeverly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 723
Thanks: 396
Thanked 564 Times in 342 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
That could work. It would be nice to have the clearance of a little bit of lift for some of the places I go to ride the dirtbikes. The coilover/UCA route is probably overkill for what I'll be doing with the truck, but the lure of more suspension travel is strong!
Let me know They might be off on Thursday or Friday, we will see if Toytec can get my parts here quick enough.
__________________
2012 Crewmax / TRD Off-Road / 4x4 / 5.7 / 18x9 Level 8 Guardians / 295-70 Trail Grapplers / OME 614 / Toytec AAL / CB +2
Daystar Airbag Cradle / Light Racing UCA / Airlift 5000 / AFE XPB / AFE Stage II / 5% Tint / Transferflow 46gal / Jayco 19H in Tow
AZTC13 BIGRIG63
brockeverly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brockeverly For This Useful Post:
2010 (12-23-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Tundra Clubs


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


» Featured Product
Advertisement
» Auto Insurance
» Wheel & Tire Center

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Copyright © 2006-2009, TundraTalk.net. All Rights Reserved.