Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2015 Tundra CM TRD 4x4 - Mild Build

23K views 78 replies 24 participants last post by  Senorx 
#1 · (Edited)
Just purchased my first Tundra about two months. It's a 2015 Crew Max TRD 4x4 non-ffv in Super White. Nothing crazy is going to be done to it because it is a daily driver/family hauler. It will be used for for beach trips, camping and going out to my family's ranch in South Texas.

Started off with the usual suspects, LineX, added color matched mirror caps, full VLED interior LEDs and Nfab steps.

See less See more
Reactions: Jaj23
#2 ·
Next I removed all my badges and replaced with TRD Pro black badges. I also added the 4x4 tailgate badge and a "TRD" badge to where the SR5 badge was.

#3 ·
So this is how she sits today. Parts are arriving daily and I'm loving the journey. You can see my 1971 K5 Blazer in the background.

Attachments

Reactions: JerseyRockWarrior
#4 ·
What other parts have you ordered?

#5 · (Edited)
I already have a pair of Bilstein 6112, 5160s w/clamps, Camburg BJ UCAs and CB +1. I'm just going with the 275 70 R18 BFG AT KO2 on TRD wheels.

A 12oz can of brew for size comparison to my 6112.

#6 ·
What setting are you putting your 6112s at?

#10 ·
My cargo lamp LEDs arrived today from Headlight Revolution. Can't wait to see what these look like tonight.

#11 ·
I have them they are pretty bright I am pleased....
When u getting the billys and the ko2's installed?

#13 ·
Installed VLEDs 7440 reverse LEDs. Major improvement over the stock lights. It literally took about 5 minutes to install them.

Attachments

#14 ·
Picked up my front bumper caps from the body shop. Love the way they came out. TRD Pro grill should be arriving next week. Bye, bye chrome!

Attachments

Reactions: AZTUNDRA25
#17 ·
great. thanks!

Still debating on whether i want to tint my tails. I replaced last truck wtih LED reverse but with the VHT tint and dark window tint it didnt help much and i couldnt see squat. Never did try adding bumper lights and not sure I wanna mess with bumper lights this time around either.

1k lumens seems like it should be plenty though

#18 ·
@Black tundra15 I'm loving my LED bumper lights - I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't help as much with the camera (I think the Toyota reverse cameras are probably the worst in terms of image quality than any other currently available). That being said, they are awesome for actually seeing behind the truck or using the mirrors! I'll post some pics on my build page soon...

#19 ·
i'm intrigued by them but just not sure i need them. plus i hate wiring stuff. i'd rather not have to install them but i am researching it all just the same.

i installed my bumper lights and need to wire them still. probably be a while til i do, need to add a bed liner, need to figure out what i'm doing for rear lift, need to figure out if doing wheels or spacers, been eyeing a new fishing reel. and on and on and on. lol

#20 ·
Installed a Super White hood bulge, TRD Pro grill and bumper end caps. I found all four bumper caps on Craigslist. They were chrome take offs and I bought them for 75 bucks. I had my paint/body guy color match them. He did an outstanding job with the bumper caps and color matching. There are so many variants of Super White 040.

Attachments

#22 ·
That means a lot coming from you, brother. She's coming along. Your build is one of the trucks I use for inspiration. Enjoying the journey.

Reactions: Desert Dawg
#23 ·
It's looking like the first week of March to finally get the suspension on. Love staring at me Camburg UCAs. LOL. I'm weird, I know.

Attachments

#24 ·
TRD Pro Skid Plate is in. This thing is stout. It's 1/4 inch thick. Can't wait to get it put on. I'll have an OEM TRD Off Road package front skid plate up for sale soon.

Attachments

#26 ·
Bam! My powder coat guy sent me a teaser pic of my TRD wheel.

Attachments

#27 ·
Finally had some down time to pick up the guinea pig wheel from powder coat. The final verdict is a perfect match with the TRD Pro wheel center cap. The powder used is called Durable Wet Black from powderbythepound.com. Finally getting the lift/tires/wheels put on in two weeks. The wait begins!

Attachments

Reactions: Black tundra15
#33 ·
That looks fantastic! Looking forward to seeing them mounted up

Reactions: Senorx
#28 ·
WeatherTech rear floor liner arrived yesterday. This will come in handy cause I haul around a 5 and 4 year old in the back seat. LoL.

Attachments

#30 ·
It's better if you call Roman on Monday. The parts to do that are pricey. You're gonna be looking at about 750 bucks to get front and rear bumper caps replaced. I just had a set of the chrome ones painted in Super White. If prepped correctly, painting the chrome bumper caps are just fine. My paint/body guy acid etched the chrome, primered and then color matched the Super White 040 paint. I'll be putting on my rear bumper caps this coming weekend.

#32 ·
That depends on who you find to do the job. I paid 250 to have mine painted. The plastic TRD Pro bumper caps come only in a generic black. They all have to be color matched. Roman has a guy that does great work, but you're buying the caps and having them painted. That's where it gets expensive. Let me tag you in a thread started by Roman on the break down of the caps he sell and prices. You can make your decision after that. I can't count how many times I've dealt with Roman and have never had a bad experience. He's good to go.

#34 ·
The last two pieces of chrome left on my truck will be gone this weekend. Color matched rear bumper caps are ready to go. It's sounds like these are gonna be a pain in the ass. Almost tempted to pay somebody to do it and be done with it.

Attachments

#36 ·
Finally had a chance to install my color matched bumper caps. Much better. The truck has zero chrome now.

Attachments

#37 ·
Installed a TRD Pro Skid Plate skid plate today. It's built like a tank and measures a quarter inch thick. Love the TRD detail on the side. The install was fairly easy. It would have been easier with a second person.

Attachments

#40 ·
6112s on top setting added. 5160s with CB+1 out back. Shackles gave me about .65 inches of rake. Love the stance.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.