Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

My Official Build Thread - For Posterity's Sake

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  HBTundraDude 
#1 · (Edited)
My build isn't going to be too crazy..mostly cosmetic stuff. I'd like to eventually get Exhaust and running boards/nerfs, but have no idea when it will happen.

1. Install Pedonka Donk 3 Trailer Brake Controller
2. Plasti-Dip Wheels aka Rad Plastic Hub Caps (RPHCs)
3. Plasti-Dip Badges and exhaust tip/end.
4. Plasti-Dip Grill and emblem
5. Change out interior lights to LED.
6. Run exterior LED lights to driver side.

Pics and write-ups to follow.

1. Brake Controller Install

2. Plasti-Dip Wheels aka Rad Plastic Hub Caps (RPHCs)

3. Plasti-Dip Badges and Exhaust tip/end

Before doing the iForce Badge:

After P-Dipping the iForce Badge:

Exhaust Tip/End

4. Plasti-dip Grill and emblem

5. Change out interior lights to LED.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-x-Premiu...-Kit-for-Toyota-Tundra-2007-2014/280735253732

6. Run exterior LED lights to driver side.

Woot, I received my VLEDS shipment. So, I popped out my courtesy light, plugged in the #74 adapter. To that I attached a Y. I affixed my LEDs like you see in the photo and then got some wire ready with connections on one end, which I fed through the sill hole (after removing the little white wire guide - first pic) and down through the grommet hole (Fourth pic). Then I attached my wire, with affixed wire connectors, to the LED wires, which I also put connectors on, and pull them back up into the body channel....it wasn't long enough to come all the way back up into the sill.

Then I ran the wire up, zip tied it in, stripped the ends, and because that wire is a pretty stiff wire, I just stuck the red into the red terminal and the black into the black terminal on the VLED Wire adapter.

Boom, done.

Now to run wire over to the passenger side and do it over there.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.