Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2014 1794 remake

25K views 72 replies 42 participants last post by  Colorblindox 
#1 · (Edited)
2014 1794 blackout

My 1794 arrival from the dealer. Had to have the bronze, but liked the interior even more.

Not especially fond of the chromish front end. Liked the Platinum front better with the painted accents, so added the Platinum hood bulge and color accent grille.

While I was deciding what to do with the chrome bumpers, the Tundra Pro shows up with the black grille and valance. Yummy! The Pro grille only comes in black, white, orange. Wanting to keep the bronze grille accent, discover that the grille center can be <carefully> removed. So I order the Pro grille in black and swap centers, to keep the Pro center with the bronze (Platinum) accent. In the meantime I had the bumper corners dechromed and painted them sunset bronze. Plastidip'd the mirrors and added the Pro headlights & black valance.

Plastidip treatment on the chrome door handles and 1794 door emblem.

To keep the boss happy ;) I was able to sell both grilles on CL and currently have the OE headlights for sale. Pretty happy with the way it all turned out. I took it in for service this week at local dealer and they did several "what is it" double takes on the truck :D:D

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great

#4 ·
Were you able to keep the DRLs and the motor with the Pro headlights? Im still waiting for my Pro grill to be painted and hope my blue ribbon blue looks as sweet as yours. I was going to get the Pro headlights too but wasnt sure they were the same as the 1794 edition.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
Thx all for the comments!

Were you able to keep the DRLs and the motor with the Pro headlights? Im still waiting for my Pro grill to be painted and hope my blue ribbon blue looks as sweet as yours. I was going to get the Pro headlights too but wasnt sure they were the same as the 1794 edition.
The Pro headlights do not have DRLs, but do come with or without the leveling feature.

#5 ·
Nice. When I first saw a PRO a good part of the appeal was it getting away from the escalating "more chrome is more better" theme that was so pervasive in truck design.

#8 ·
Sweet! I test drove the '14 1794 when I bought the SR5 model...couldn't swing the extra cost but it was super nice. Congrats!

#10 ·
Wow! That truck is Awesome! Makes me wish I'd gone that route instead of buying my PRO. Don't get me wrong, I love the looks and performance of my PRO, but I would have preferred to have more interior upgrades too.

#12 ·
For many of us it came down to whether to buy the fancy features and upgrade mechanicals, or buy the strong vehicle and improve the interior.

For years I'd hoped they would badge one as a Lexus with a Land Cruiser or similar interior. Didn't happen.

I tried to sidestep it all by getting a Land Cruiser. So nice and plush, but we were back to a Tundra in six weeks.

I'd have chosen the 1794, but only available in CM so no room to carry our six foot RaceRamps and other stuff we need.

Then the PRO appeared. And in a special fun color.

But that cloth interior is now full of salt dust after this last wintry week. No cleaning that.

So looking like a custom leather interior and a proper sound system and we'll have it right.

Your solution is very nice and I'm sure will be followed.

Reactions: SP
#21 ·
How much for those headlights?

My 1794 arrival from the dealer. Had to have the bronze, but liked the interior even more.

Not especially fond of the chromish front end. Liked the Platinum front better with the painted accents, so added the Platinum hood bulge and color accent grille.

While I was deciding what to do with the chrome bumpers, the Tundra Pro shows up with the black grille and valance. Yummy! The Pro grille only comes in black, white, orange. Wanting to keep the bronze grille accent, discover that the grille center can be <carefully> removed. So I order the Pro grille in black and swap centers, to keep the Pro center with the bronze (Platinum) accent. In the meantime I had the bumper corners dechromed and painted them sunset bronze. Plastidip'd the mirrors and added the Pro headlights & black valance.

Plastidip treatment on the chrome door handles and 1794 door emblem.

To keep the boss happy ;) I was able to sell both grilles on CL and currently have the OE headlights for sale. Pretty happy with the way it all turned out. I took it in for service this week at local dealer and they did several "what is it" double takes on the truck :D:D

#22 ·
Nice I did not even notice the headlights . I wonder if you can do the BHLM. With the OEM lights . Nice job again OP! I love it

#25 ·
Isn't the chrome piece on the mirror just a cap? I thought you could just take it off, making the plasti-dipping unnecessary.

#26 ·
wondering this myself

#31 · (Edited)
Unbelievable....this is exactly what I have been thinking about doing if I pull the trigger on a new 1794. Like you, I love the interior as well.

I already started perusing eBay for Pro grilles. And I wanted to dechrome the bumpers and repaint them as well.

Well done sir! And nice to see what my mind was thinking all nicely done up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.