Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

The Makoaz Build 2014 McNeil Racing conversion

28K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  GTABurnout 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: 18 SEP:

UPDATE: 6 AUG: Although I haven't been given any pics yet, i'm being told that the glass is mounted and that's about it so far. :-/ As soon as I get pics, i'll be sure to post them ASAP.

UPDATE 8 AUG: This is where we're at so far. The front end is mounted up, Hood, headlights, grill and fenders. As you can see, the 07 front bumper is still there. Depending on how it fits, i'm thinking about just leaving it. Original plans were to go with a custom bumper but since i'm not made of money... the plans may change LOL (Pics below)

UPDATE 9 AUG: The bedsides are getting some love

UPDATE 10 AUG: Got my tires (35x12.5x17 General Grabber Red Letters)

UPDATE 18 AUG: Bedsides mocked up designing them to utilize 07-13 rear bumper

Short and simple: Bought the truck in May from a guy who's work was that of a high school kids level possibly worse!

(How I bought it)
2007 Crewmax with a subpar graphite grey paint job.
Previous owner failed to mention the front pass window didn't work
Came with 18" wheels and 33" Mud Grappler tires.
Some kind of leveling kit
Rear airbags
Pioneer App Radio
Rockford 6x9s zip tied in place
Amp wiring just bundled up under the plastic door sill
Straight pipe (muffler was just cut off)
Nasty projector headlights (rewired so that the highs were the projectors and the lows were HIDs in the highs spots, half ass working LEDs in the housing and they are tinted)

So far i've:
Tinted all windows
Replaced the App radio with an Eclipse unit w/ navi (not happy with it so i'm looking for something else)
Replaced all 4 door speakers with appropriately sized Rockford speakers and mounting hardware (soldered and heat shrinked the wires so they could connect to the front door speakers correctly because the previous owner had cut them)
Removed the Amp wiring (I'll redo everything when I'm ready for a system)
Weathertech floor mats (front and rear)
Installed a Magnaflow muffler w/ 45deg point down
Installed Rock Warrior wheels and tires

Near Future plans:
2014 front conversion
2014 bedsides and tailgate conversion
2014 McNeil Racing conversion fenders and bedsides
Custom fitted McNeil Racing Raptor style steps
Full color change w/ color matched interior pieces
Custom front and rear bumpers
Bumper Mounted LED light bar
Roof mounted LED light bar
Wheel spacers
New tires (Size, brand and model TBD)

First.... My previous build AKA MAKOA
2011 TX PRO

Now what will be.... MAKOAZ
2007 Crewmax
Day 1 Bringing it home from L.A. California to Phoenix Arizona

While investigating the window issue, I discovered this shitty install!

This was the culprit. Driver side window switch, which he must have known about because there was electrical tape IN the switch!

How I discovered the amp wiring

Getting the RW wheels mounted w/ TPMS sensors swapped

July 26th
7AM to start my trip to Lemon Grove California to drop MAKOAZ off with McNeil Racing's top secret location.

IDK about you but these prices are pretty high to me!

DESTROYED those bugs!

Finally made it to the drop point, ready to get converted!

MAKOAB downloaded and ready for my trip back to AZ in 110+deg heat :|

UPDATE 8 AUG: This is where we're at so far. The front end is mounted up, Hood, headlights, grill and fenders. As you can see, the 07 front bumper is still there. Depending on how it fits, i'm thinking about just leaving it. Original plans were to go with a custom bumper but since i'm not made of money... the plans may change LOL

UPDATE 9 AUG: Bedsides being worked

UPDATE 10 AUG: Got my tires :D

UPDATE 18 AUG: Bedsides mocked up designing them to utilize 07-13 rear bumper

That's all the pics for now. As the truck progresses, i'll post pics. Should be over the next month from start to finish.

WELL!!!! I FINALLY GOT IT BACK!!! I'll update with verbage later but until then here some pics! :D The most important part right!? LOL

Shane

See less See more
#2 ·
My window switch did the same damn thing same damn window... it was stuck down though. Great news is it is part of a recall! Otherwise looking forward to the build should be sweet

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 · (Edited)
Haven't gotten any updates yet but does anyone know of the paint code for the Inferno (Burnt Orange)? It looks like it might be the same as the scion "Hot Lava". Can anyone confirm?

#8 ·
I'd be willing to say they're not the same color since they're different names.

#9 ·
Are you going to attempt an interior conversion as well?

#10 ·
Although I'd love to try that... I'm not interested in swapping the dash and everything underneath it. LOL I'm just going to get the interior reupholstered eventually.

Update: Although I haven't been given any pics yet, i'm being told that the glass is mounted and that's about it so far. :-/ As soon as I get pics, i'll be sure to post them ASAP.

#11 ·
UPDATE 8 AUG: This is where we're at so far. The front end is mounted up, Hood, headlights, grill and fenders. As you can see, the 07 front bumper is still there. Depending on how it fits, i'm thinking about just leaving it. Original plans were to go with a custom bumper but since i'm not made of money... the plans may change LOL

#21 ·
Honestly, i'm not either. It's cool in the fact that if a corner of it gets damaged, I don't have to change out the whole thing but overall, I like the 07-13 better.

i have to ask why wouldn't you just buy a 14? I assume this is costing a boatload of money. I like the wheels that came on the truck :)
That's a good question. There are several reasons but the main reason is because I like to build my projects not just buy them. Another reason for the conversion is because I know there are people out there wondering if the conversion is possible and what it'll take to get it accomplished. There's one other guy that's done the front conversion already but not the rear. Mine will be the first (that I know of) that will have the full front and rear conversion. One of the last reasons is simply.... Just because LOL :D

#52 ·
Looks awesome! Something tells me it'd cost just about a left nut for all that... But anyhow, nice truck, looks a little Toyota-Raptory IMO... lol

#26 ·
Wild!

So the 07-13 doors are different from the 14+ huh?

Is your windshield tinted?

#29 ·
That is effin sick! Great color. Totally unique truck for those who can spot it with a detailed eye!

#30 ·
#31 ·
take the sway bar off and throw it in the junk pile

Reactions: StormTrooperRW
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.