Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Young Guns's 2012 crewmax build.

17K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  nathancromer 
#1 ·
Picked up my 2012 5.7L 4x4 Flex SR5 Crewmax two days ago. It's magnetic gray with charcoal interior. It has back up camera, power driver seat, info buttons and rear power window. Let the mods begin!

See less See more
#4 ·
Good. I thought it was my computer.

#6 ·
Have fun!

#7 ·
Ok, so I dipped my bumpers, grill, exhaust tip and did the BHLM. I also dipped my badges but didn't like the way the turned out so I just de-badged it. After I de-badged I gave it a good washing but can see where the badges used to be when the water is on it. Anyone know how to fix this? Here are a few pics of the mods...

#15 · (Edited)
Well its been a busy couple of days. Got running boards, tint, levelling kit, wheels and tires put on. It's AMAZING the difference those few things make. Anyway, here are a few pics...

N-Fab nerfs, 4% tint up front, 17% over the already factory tinted rear windows, 3-1 levelling kit, Moto Metal 961's with 295-70-18 trail grapplers.

#20 ·
Looking good dude.

#25 ·
If you do VHT do 2 or 3 coats and then wet sand with 2200 grit sand paper then shoot 3-4 coats of clearcoat over it and they'll look really good. But before you do that make sure you sand them easily with 2200 grit until it has a hazed look with no shine. Spray the VHT in one direction or else it'll look odd after it dries. When I first did mine I only sanded them and did 4-5 coats of VHT and called it a day after they dried I wish I would've wet sanded them and did some clearcoat because they turned out like crap. They're being re-done though.

#27 ·
Well, my son and I did the anytime fog light mod today. Very simple procedure that works great. Also have the roll n lock cargo manager on the way from Amazon. Can't wait to get it installded....pics will come when it's in.

#29 ·
Ok, so I got the Roll N Lock cargo manager in yesterday and went to install it on my truck. None of the bolt holes lined up and the mounting screws were too small to fit into the tapped holes in the bed. I emailed Roll N Lock and asked them about it and turns out that their cargo manager is not a stand alone unit and will not mount to the truck without the Roll N Lock tonneau cover. Dang. I was planning on gettting the tonneau cover later but will either have to get it earlier or just send the cargo manager back. At $1200 for the cover, I will more than likely just send the cargo manager back or I guess I could stash it in the garage until I can get the cover.

#32 ·
How is the tip holding up?how many coats of paint did you put on the tip.I wouldnt think it'd hold up good due to rocks being thrown at the tip

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#33 ·
The plastidip on the exhaust tip? It's holding up great, which surprised me. I figured the high heat would do it in but it's all there and I have noticed no cracks or chips. I have only glanced at it though, I'll get a better look tomorrow and let you know for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.