Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

'12 Tforce

32K views 105 replies 30 participants last post by  bobeast 
#1 · (Edited)
Bad Influences

Decided to start a build log, just so I can keep track of everything. The name of the title is from my wife she said that this forum has been a bad influence on me. She doesn't under stand tearing into a brand new truck.

On the chopping block stock from the dealership is a '12 Tundra CM 5.7L FlexFuel 4X4. Upgraded from '07 Tundra DC 2X4. Got the CM since kid is on the way and wanted easier access to the rear for car seat.

What the T-Force has:
TForce rims Tforce running boards
285/55R20 BFG A/T
Sprayed in Bedliner
Pocketed Fender Flairs
Blackedout Grille

What I have done to date:
Suspension
CST 7"-8" Hi-Clearance Lift
Toyo Open Country R/T's 37X12.50R20.
King Coilovers
CST Rear shocks
Trimmed Body Mounts to clear 37" tires
CoachBuilder coil shims 2)Driver side 1) Passenger side
Firestone Ride Rite bags

Engine/Drivetrain
Bullydog GT T Tuner
Yellow Top Optima w/custom battery tray
coachbuilder radiator cover
2 Magnaflow mufflers stood up next to each other with 3" dumps
Charcoal Filter Delete
SABM (Stock Air Box Mod)
Painted Airbox cover, Engine Cover and Fuse box lid.
VSC Mod
Crown Performance Extended Brake Lines
PowerStop drilled/slotted rotors with Z36 pads Front and Rear

Exterior
AMP Bedstep Installed
LED Fog lights
ENVE grille with 30" LED Light bar
Extang Encore tonneu
Legit Rear Tail Lights w/10 watt LED spots
BHLM
Debadged
Flush Mount LED lights in bumper
Disabled daytime running lights
Curt 6" Drop hitch rated to 14,000lbs

Interior
Pioneer AVH-4200 NEX head unit
LED lights
G-tek Door sills
Relocated Rear Window Switch and Kill Nannie switch
Hydrodipping interior pieces
Tekonsha P3 E-Brake Controller

All the work has been completed by myself minus the lift and hydrodipping.

***********SOLD************

Sold the truck on 8/13 and got a 2014 F250 Lariat.

Stock pic:

BHLM

Debadged:

ReadyLift 3" has been installed Pics of level kit, went with the prerunner look, and Plasti-Dip front and rear bumpers:

New Grille with LED DRL's

1-23-14
Installed a 30" LED light bar that puts out 14,500 lumens. And some 6" square backup lights.

7-25-14
G-tek Door sills and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod)

11-14-14
CST 7"-8" Hi-Clearance Lift with Toyo Open Country R/T's 37X12.50R20

12/1/14
Bullydog GT T Tuner installed

12/5/14
AMP Bedstep Installed

4/1/15
Yellow Top Optima Installed with custom battery tray

7/3/15
Added LED Fog lights

Check the other pages there is a lot more

See less See more
#2 ·
Got a couple more things done this week/end.

Got the exhaust on the truck, Didnt go with the cat backsystem, Instead went with 2 Magnaflow mufflers stood up next to each other with 3" dumps (turndowns).

Also did the powerlock on the tailgate. Will get some pics posted hopefully soon.

#9 ·
I got same size wheels and tires on mine.. I was reading another post from you and you stated that after teh ready lift 3' lift you had rub problems? I guess I was thinking when I get my LRO 3/1 I would have no issues... Just wondering how much rub you had and where you ahd to shave down

#5 ·
Thank you for the comments. Thank you all for your suggestions and help on doing all these mods.

Just got back from a 2000 mile road trip. MPG's went from 13.5 to 15.4 after install of muffler setup. Very impressed will be throwing in a K&N drop in filter next since it is time for her first oil change. Still trying to get to my buddies shop so I can get some better pics of the exhaust. Truck mods are on hold for now since wife needs a new fridge. After the 1st of the year I shall restart.

#43 · (Edited)
Just found out the wheel offset +50mm. The only way I found this out is because I replaced the wheels this past weekend from a mishap on a family vacation.

So she got news shoes:

They are still DUBs since the tires are still good. Next will come the lift and a custom made grill. Grill will be first though

#13 ·
Agreed. I want to have them out some more but dont want to run spacers. Once I am through these tires then I will look into a different set of rims and tires.

What does removing the charcoal filter do?I've seen guys on here talk about it and have always wondered.
The charcoal filter delete gives the engine more air from what I have read. It is really simple to do, only took about 5 minutes.

#14 ·
Got some new goodies ordered.

New grill is on order should be here end of this week or next week.

Tow mirrors should be here today.

Ordered train horn should be here next week.

Smoked the taillights. Once everything is installed will post some pics.

Oh yea. Installed carseat base, should be getting the new arrival on Thursday 3/7.

I have a carbon fiber toyota logo if anyone is interested in it.

#15 · (Edited)
Got Tow Mirrors installed today.

Got them from AM Auto off Ebay 222.95 shipped to door and only took 1 day to get them. Everything works running lights, turn signals, power windows, and defrost.

#25 · (Edited)
Got DRL installed in the bezel under the head lights.

Night time shot

Grill has finally been shipped will be here Thursday along with train horn.

#31 ·
I cant wait to hear them either. The shop called me and told me they are in. So hard not to go and pick them up and install today.

Here are the specs:
SIBERIAN EXPRESS by Wolo Mfg
TRAIN HORN
*Horn Size: L 16 1/2 in. x W 14-3/4 in. x H 11 in.
*Sound output: 152db / 150 Hz
*Horn construction: ABS plastic black finish, steel mounting base
*Mounting hardware: Stainless steel
*Air fitting: 1/4

Here is the link in case anyone wants to scope them out. But hit me up I can get cheaper than what is advertised.

WOLO MFG. CORP. TRUCK TRAIN HORNS & HIGH PRESSURE ON-BOARD AIR SYSTEMS

#32 ·
That truck is sick. Awesome build log man, it's giving me a lot of inspiration. Can't wait to see more :eek:hyeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.