Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

bonose1 2010 CM

29K views 67 replies 24 participants last post by  SR5Crew 
#1 · (Edited)
Used to be stock 2010 CM. Never took pictures of it off the lot... Thought I would log all my mods to date... Thanks to everyone here that has shared and posted their great ideas. More to come later.

De-badged & tinted all around with Toyo 265/70/17 Open Country ATs with a 3/1 ready lift.

Same two shots with the new 35 inch Coopers

Here is the front bumper and grill surround plasti-dipped.

Steps dipped.

Tails and third brake light smoked.

Rear bumper dipped.

RW wheel bead locks dipped with Toyo 265/70/17 Open Country AT. Hope to trade these in for 33 or 35s soon.

New Cooper AT3 315/70/17

New tires rubbed just a bit on the front mud guards, nothing a big zip tie couldn't fix

Ready lift 3/1 leveling kit.

1.5 inch hub centric spacers pushing the tire stance out. On the fence with bushwacker fender flares.

BHLM with Halos on Hi, Low, and fogs.

TRD Cold Air Intake went in with some cutting of the engine cover.

FLO-PRO V Force muffler.

Used a grinder to cut the angle in the stock pipe, and sprayed with plast-dip.

Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares Installed.
Before:

After:

TRD sway bar installed.

Rattle can dip job

Installed the supercharger and the Bully dog tuner.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/exterior-mods/113099-customcargrill-install-pics.html
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/exterior-mods/286810-side-mirror-power-fold-mod-just-1-69-a.html
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-lighting-electrical/220217-30-inch-rigid-e-series-install-behind-mesh-grill.html

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I'm no gear head, but I like it. Sounds neat, and it feels faster and that's what counts in my book. Plus I got it used from a forum member. New exhaust tomorrow morning will complete the performance and sound piece!

This forum has been invaluable for ideas, installations and problem solving!

Reactions: yotaman05
#4 ·
Wow you have one excellent looking Tundra bud, the new Coopers look great on the RW wheels btw

Reactions: Bonose1
#7 ·
As does yours!

#8 ·
Good mods, keep 'em coming!

#9 ·
After a long discussion with my buddy who has his own muffler shop, we decided to keep it simple. Mod $ is running out!

FLO-PRO V Force muffler installed! $70.00 in parts, friend deal $100.00 in labor.

FLO~PRO - V Force

Sound clip, ready? Vvrrrroooooooommmmmm, budabudabuda, vrooooooommmmmm!

Maybe I can record one later.

Reactions: hawyanryan
#11 ·
I was looking for a black exhaust tip online, then decided to get the grinder out, cut the angle on the stock pipe and coat with plast-dip.

Reactions: yotaman05
#12 ·
Finally put BW Flares on. Since my grill, both bumpers and steps are dipped, I dipped the flares to match. Had to redo one because I screwed up the spray... PIA

We shall see how long the plasti dip holds up.
Before:

After:

#14 ·
I like the dip on the flares.

#15 ·
Not so shiny, I like the flat black look. Durability will be the issue, but I can always redip...

#16 ·
PD is very durable if you put 4-5 coats on it.

#18 ·
Plasti dip has held up better than I expected, but I put it on thick. Patients is key when spraying, with lots of light coats about 10 minutes apart. Front bumper has no cuts or issues, and that was what I thought would have issues first. Steps are good too. I love the stuff.

Reactions: pdizzle
#19 · (Edited)
Reactions: JOSH 5.7
#20 ·
I gotta say man the truck is lookin like a beast :thumbsup:

#21 ·
Your truck is coming along just great bud

#22 ·
I am getting ready to order some mesh from amazon, $25, im sure i will have a hard time placing it in correctly.

#23 ·
Thanks for the pic! Looks awesome. I think you convinced me to go plasti-dip over color match.

#24 ·
Since there's so much other dip on the truck it matches well. Happy to help you with the flare decision!

Reactions: SR5Crew
#26 · (Edited)
Did you do the BHLM halo mods yourself? They look great. This is my next project. Any advice on LED's? Also the grill is sick! Might be a full weekend for me...

#27 ·
I did do the BHLM and halos myself. I baked them 3 times... Take your time, follow the directions on the BHLM thread and you will be fine. Search tundra halo installation on YouTube, there was a great video that helped me with that. I forgot to paint the rings black the first time... Getting them wired was a challenge. I have them wired to the driving lights. They only come on when I move the headlight switch into the first position. That way I can turn them off if the headlight switch is completely off. I love the fog halos.

The grill is awesome. Takes some work. Cutting a template with cardboard was key so the shape was right.

If you tackle these and have basic skills you will love it! Good luck, send PMs if you have questions.

#30 ·
I think cleaning it is easy, I just don't get the power washer too close. My grill surround and mesh have been plasti dipped for a few months now. Bugs get splattered and come right off. Sometimes a bee gets stuck and I take it off with my fingers. No problems at all cleaning this stuff. The tail pipe discolored after a while, that is the only place I have had problems with it.

Reactions: Slo
#33 ·
Updates. New NFAB steps

New TRD Shifter (plus pic of nanny & rear window switch moved)

New Proclip iphone mount

Dipped top piece of bumper and under lights to match grill and bumper. Repurposed and dipped Tundra badge and attached to grill.

#35 ·
The grill with the tundra emblem looks great!! should incorporate the 4x4 from the bumper and the 5.7 emblem on there too. like in the corners or something. Dipped of course. that would be pretty sweet too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.