Tundra Speakers - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Member
 
TundraThing17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tundra Speakers

Does anyone know what brand of speakers Tundra puts in stock? I had my truck for 2 months and blew two speakers already. and i don't listen to my music load very often.

09' Slate DC TRD
- SR5
- 5.7 V8
- Mods to Come!
TundraThing17 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Beezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,415
Thanks: 12
Thanked 94 Times in 78 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
crap ones!!! I think they are paper spkrs
Beezwax is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, they are indeed VERY crappy paper speakers with very tiny magnets.

That is why I now have Boston Acoustics all around with a single 12'' sub and a couple of amps and a new head unit.

It's sweeeet, and HIGHLY recommended


- 2008 - TRD - SR5 - 4.7L - Slate Metallic - Bone Stock -
NYR99 is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
"Señor Member"
 
SybErkRimInAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Dirty Dezert
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 19
Thanked 147 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you...uh...looking to buy some stock speakers??? :-)
SybErkRimInAL is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Member
 
TundraThing17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
absolutely not lol i just bought some infinty's for the front and soon to come in back with a mono memphis sub (10") nothing crazy just enough to make some noise

09' Slate DC TRD
- SR5
- 5.7 V8
- Mods to Come!
TundraThing17 is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 02:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 698
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraThing17 View Post
Does anyone know what brand of speakers Tundra puts in stock? I had my truck for 2 months and blew two speakers already. and i don't listen to my music load very often.
They are crap...I def recommend the infinitys, you wanna buy four new stock ones???? haha

2008 Crewmax/SR5, TRD, 4x4, 5.7...
-Spray in Bedliner - Hood protector (bug shield) - Deck Rail System- Tube steps - Factory installed alarm (LOL) - Stubby antenna - Debadged completely - Removed black door vinyl- Sprayed Tail lights - Airaid CAI and (Poweraid TBS in my garage, but I do have it!) - BAKflip Tonneau cover - Weathertechs - relocated factory tow wire harness beside the license plate - Compustar two way remote start - front window tint - Pioneer Avic F900BT, MTX 12" Thunder Thin Sub, Kenwood 1000W ClassD Amp, Infinity 6022si Reference in the doors - Tinted Head/
Fog lights.

B!+C# move over, you see I'm HUGE!!
Hill is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 AM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
KrytikalMedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 5,274
Thanks: 42
Thanked 305 Times in 224 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR99 View Post
Yes, they are indeed VERY crappy paper speakers with very tiny magnets.
Don't let magnet size fool you though. Where as I agree, the stock speakers are paper and crap, the stock speakers in the Tundra's (as well as many newer cars) utilize a type of magnet called a neodymium magnet. It used to be that the larger the magnet the more the sound. Not the case now a days. Neodymium magnets produce a very strong, highly focused magnetic field in a small package. The problem is that because of their small size they are poor at protecting the speaker from heat and "blown" speakers, so their power handling capabilities tend to be low.

To solve this some manufacturers have started to produce speakers that have a hybrid neodymium magnet which combines ferrite and neodymium. Here you get the larger, heat resistance of the ferrite magnets with the concentrated magnetic field of the neodymium.


Last edited by KrytikalMedic; 07-16-2009 at 04:39 AM.
KrytikalMedic is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 831
Thanks: 165
Thanked 317 Times in 182 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrytikalMedic View Post
Don't let magnet size fool you though. Where as I agree, the stock speakers are paper and crap, the stock speakers in the Tundra's (as well as many newer cars) utilize a type of magnet called a neodymium magnet. It used to be that the larger the magnet the more the sound. Not the case now a days. Neodymium magnets produce a very strong, highly focused magnetic field in a small package. The problem is that because of their small size they are poor at protecting the speaker from heat and "blown" speakers, so their power handling capabilities tend to be low.

To solve this some manufacturers have started to produce speakers that have a hybrid neodymium magnet which combines ferrite and neodymium. Here you get the larger, heat resistance of the ferrite magnets with the concentrated magnetic field of the neodymium.
Very well put and Neo is the most expensive magnet material as well.
tech12volt is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
"Señor Member"
 
SybErkRimInAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Dirty Dezert
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 19
Thanked 147 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so.......ur saying I should of sold my stock speakers instead of taking hook shots with them when putting them in the garbage?
SybErkRimInAL is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
KrytikalMedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 5,274
Thanks: 42
Thanked 305 Times in 224 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SybErkRimInAL View Post
so.......ur saying I should of sold my stock speakers instead of taking hook shots with them when putting them in the garbage?
Ha ha ha, you could have always tried e-Bay first man

KrytikalMedic is offline  
#11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
KrytikalMedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 5,274
Thanks: 42
Thanked 305 Times in 224 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12volt View Post
Very well put and Neo is the most expensive magnet material as well.
Thank you sir. Yeah, the whole supply and demand thing again. lol

KrytikalMedic is offline  
#12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22
Thanks: 14
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey folks, if I change out the cheap paper stock speakers with some nice Infinity ones for example would I notice a dramatic difference?

I would like to save a little money so I want to change out the speakers first then get a nice head unit later when I have the money to spend it on. Will the stock head unit produce good sound out of some nice after market speakers?

Thanks in advance! You guys are great!


2007, 4x4, 5.7, dbl cab, SR5, purchased 6/27/09 with only 7,500 miles
user242 is offline  
#13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Moderator
Premium Member
 
Slate CrewMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,848
Thanks: 211
Thanked 1,646 Times in 861 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user242 View Post
Hey folks, if I change out the cheap paper stock speakers with some nice Infinity ones for example would I notice a dramatic difference?

I would like to save a little money so I want to change out the speakers first then get a nice head unit later when I have the money to spend it on. Will the stock head unit produce good sound out of some nice after market speakers?

Thanks in advance! You guys are great!
Yes, you will notice a difference in sound quality, but not necessarily volume. Just take some time to get used the new ones when you put them in.

2008 CrewMax Limited 5.7 / Slate Metallic
Slate CrewMax is online now  
#14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Senior Member
 
fsu112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: jax, fl
Posts: 2,441
Thanks: 21
Thanked 249 Times in 167 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user242 View Post
Hey folks, if I change out the cheap paper stock speakers with some nice Infinity ones for example would I notice a dramatic difference?

I would like to save a little money so I want to change out the speakers first then get a nice head unit later when I have the money to spend it on. Will the stock head unit produce good sound out of some nice after market speakers?

Thanks in advance! You guys are great!
get these! these are only on sale at this price for not too much longer. Check Out Our Products! : CDT AUDIO CL-62 6.5" Components w FREE REARS!! TT Group buy youll notice a difference with em

fsu112 is offline  
#15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
"Señor Member"
 
SybErkRimInAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Dirty Dezert
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 19
Thanked 147 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
get the HU first. It'll make the stockers sound MUCH better. Then when you can, get the new speakers.
SybErkRimInAL is offline  
Reply

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Audio/Visual Discussion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome