Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

$4000 head unit

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  froggy78 
#1 ·
Did anybody bought Alpine x009 head unit? If you did , how is it ? It's on amazon for 3899 plus 400 shipping?

#7 ·
"On today's episode of More Money than Brains...."

Please post a picture of this magical $4000 radio installed.
Better yet, can you explain to me/us what makes this deck so expensive and if it's worth it

Seriously, of all the vehicles, a jeep ?

(For the record I don't care that people have money, I just will forever question if the expense is justified)

#18 ·
If I had that amount of money, I would definitely think about it. It fits in with a larger display(9 inch). You get to keep all of your trucks features and steering wheel controls.

All of my speakers are now JL Audio and even with the stock HU, it sounds how i think it should and can get too loud most of the time and drowns out my BAMF exhaust. I have the loudest BAMF exhaust with all the drone.

I have read complaints, but most, from what I can tell, are from people who don't even have it. Display resolution is one of them. GPS isn't all that great, but which GPS is. It is definitely not worth 4k. Maybe, 2k.

They don't even make it for '16. It doesn't seem like they have enough demand for it and may not ever. They do offer the universal fit, but it is not the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.