NON-JBL Stock System. How many speakers? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
"Señor Member"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NON-JBL Stock System. How many speakers?

How many speakers does my non-JBL stock system have? Is there a sub somewhere?? If I wanted to upgrade the speakers, could I just use the existing prewireing?? Thanks,.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:48 PM

you could use the wiring, depends how nice of a stereo .. if you want some competition show stereo, id replace the wires.

I think you only have like 6 speakers .. but id just go look at the truck and count

no sub on the non-jbl trucks

White Tundra Club Member #2
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Yeah its 6...and they all suck...haha, I knew that one day I'd be dumping a $2500 stereo in this beast tho! It'll be about a year from now. Next year's PFD!!!

2008 Crewmax/SR5, TRD, 4x4, 5.7...
-Spray in Bedliner - Hood protector (bug shield) - Deck Rail System- Tube steps - Factory installed alarm (LOL) - Stubby antenna - Debadged completely - Removed black door vinyl- Sprayed Tail lights - Airaid CAI and (Poweraid TBS in my garage, but I do have it!) - BAKflip Tonneau cover - Weathertechs - relocated factory tow wire harness beside the license plate - Compustar two way remote start - front window tint - Pioneer Avic F900BT, MTX 12" Thunder Thin Sub, Kenwood 1000W ClassD Amp, Infinity 6022si Reference in the doors - Tinted Head/
Fog lights.

B!+C# move over, you see I'm HUGE!!
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:55 PM

I'm at $3,000 in stereo and still have a $1,000 to go

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:56 PM

holy crap...what else are you gonna do??

-Spray in Bedliner - Hood protector (bug shield) - Deck Rail System- Tube steps - Factory installed alarm (LOL) - Stubby antenna - Debadged completely - Removed black door vinyl- Sprayed Tail lights - Airaid CAI and (Poweraid TBS in my garage, but I do have it!) - BAKflip Tonneau cover - Weathertechs - relocated factory tow wire harness beside the license plate - Compustar two way remote start - front window tint - Pioneer Avic F900BT, MTX 12" Thunder Thin Sub, Kenwood 1000W ClassD Amp, Infinity 6022si Reference in the doors - Tinted Head/
Fog lights.

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 PM

i already had a system but im replacing everything

the stuff that was in there was all stuff i had, so the cost doesnt even include that

but the current amount of $$ is:

Pioneer Avic-D3
Bluetooth/Ipod/Navi
Factory Back-Up Camera/Handle
Modules so my steering wheel controls work
Wiring up Amps, Building Box and Installing Box

= $2,000

Plus i just bought:

2 Alpine Type R 12's - UPS delivered last week
1 Pioneer 4000W Mono Competition Amp - UPS delivered this week
1 Custom Built/Ported Box (by Tech12volt) - UPS will deliver next week

Approx - $1000

+ Install (shouldnt be too much cause the wires are already there from system in there)

+ $1000 for all new component speakers and Amp from Tech12volt - this will be soon just not yet

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:09 PM

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.... sounds nice...and I def like the box that Tech12 built...I'm thinkin about building my own when the time comes. It will be close to that one but much thinner...you seen the new JL thin subs...they have a 13.5 incher that only requires 2 1/4 inches of mounting depth!!!

I'm lovin the HU u have too...u like the navi system on it? Was hookup easy?

Fog lights.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.... sounds nice...and I def like the box that Tech12 built...I'm thinkin about building my own when the time comes. It will be close to that one but much thinner...you seen the new JL thin subs...they have a 13.5 incher that only requires 2 1/4 inches of mounting depth!!!

I'm lovin the HU u have too...u like the navi system on it? Was hookup easy?

The Alpine subs are def not a thin sub .. Tech12 had to build the front of my box over an inch thick to handle the subs LOL

I love the D3 HU, and yes i like the Navi portion, much better than my old Eclipse. I had my buddy's at Al & Eds install the stereo for me, i dont think it was difficult though.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
"Señor Member"

(Thread Starter)
Any recommendations on speakers to replace all 6? No competition type stuff. I just want to upgrade the speakers, add a sub which I would assume needs an amp and a new HU, nothing spectacular. I was looking at this one.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybErkRimInAL View Post
Any recommendations on speakers to replace all 6? No competition type stuff. I just want to upgrade the speakers, add a sub which I would assume needs an amp and a new HU, nothing spectacular. I was looking at this one.

Im sure that HU is good.

PM tech12volt, he has some good recommendations and prices.

If you want to buy from crutchfield, just stick with Pioneer or Apline, you cant go wrong.

Do a live chat with crutchfield, they are SUPER helpful.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:26 PM

Just make sure you know if they will all work together...I like that HU....looks sweet, touch screen too?? That's all i'm doin too...upgrading 6 speakers, adding tweeters, amp, sub, prolly a cap too to help with management. I've been thinkin about screens in the headrests for the lil ones too. Never done that one before, so we'll see when the time comes...I got time

Fog lights.

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
"Señor Member"

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post
Just make sure you know if they will all work together...I like that HU....looks sweet, touch screen too?? That's all i'm doin too...upgrading 6 speakers, adding tweeters, amp, sub, prolly a cap too to help with management. I've been thinkin about screens in the headrests for the lil ones too. Never done that one before, so we'll see when the time comes...I got time
Yea, I got time too. Let me know what you do. And yea, that HU has a touch screen. I was messing with it at bestbuy yesterday. Pretty sweet. Are the two speakers in the dash tweeters?? Is the grill by the info display supposed to be for some sort of center speaker??
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybErkRimInAL View Post
Yea, I got time too. Let me know what you do. And yea, that HU has a touch screen. I was messing with it at bestbuy yesterday. Pretty sweet. Are the two speakers in the dash tweeters?? Is the grill by the info display supposed to be for some sort of center speaker??

The ones on the dash in my truck are a 3" speaker, not sure if yours are the same.

I also have tweeters in each of the doors.

no need to mess with the center speaker.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
"Señor Member"

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008_CrewMax View Post
The ones on the dash in my truck are a 3" speaker, not sure if yours are the same.

I also have tweeters in each of the doors.

no need to mess with the center speaker.
Cool, thanks. I actually have no complaints about the stock system, i'm not much of a thumper or anything. My listening usually consists of talk radio. But it would be nice to have Satellite and Ipod functions on the HU.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:17 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Audio/Visual Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.