Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Question about subs in the back

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  CoastieRon 
#1 ·
Got a 2nd gen Tundra. Will 10 inch subs fit without moving the seats up?

#2 ·
Single cab? Double cab? Crewmax? Behind which seats?

#4 ·
Crewmax. NorthWest Dragons.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I have 2 12" subs.

Also I have had 1 13" sub.

Cm

Si Bm mkIV's for the 12", and a 13tw5 for the 13".

Neither box takes up the entire are behind the seat so there is still room for amp and the crossover network for the doors.

#7 ·
Thanks Power

Reactions: Powertechn2
#9 · (Edited)
Ended up putting 1 12' Rockford Fosgste P3 and a JBL amp in a slimbox. I had to move the seat behind the driver side up about an inch or two. Not to bad. I'll adjust it later to see if I can get it all the way back.

#10 ·
That sub should sound pretty good. For a while RF had a powered version in a slim box.

I just reclined the pass side seat to match the drivers side and called it a day. I wanted enough air space in front of the sub to let sound out. Still tons of room.

#11 ·
I might just take the plastic piece off in the back. I've seen that done before.

#12 ·
Honestly that wont yield you much room. Toyo has that piece snugged up pretty good. I thought about going that route as well, then saw there was nothing behind there except sound-proofing and then the back wall.
I used a RF shallow mount 10 inch P3 as well. That lil' guy rocks. Not rocking the neighborhood (unless all windows are down). but good enough to compliment the tunes.

#13 ·
Yea, I had that piece off for about a year till I finally re-assembled it. Only gains about 1/2" at most. Not worth having it off imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.