Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Keeping USB and AUX jacks

10K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  spider2k 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to get an aftermarket stereo and actually keep the usb and aux factory jacks working? When I was about to buy one on crutch field I got a warning saying removing factory stereo will remove the use of these two ports.

#2 ·
Crutchfield only advises you on what they sell. Axxess makes parts that can retain the USB and aux jacks. We can set you up with everything.

I saw you want to put an iPad in your dash. We can get the Sony single DIN radio that's very popular for iPad dash mods. It works with an iPad app so you can control the radio on the iPad.

#3 ·
Is it possible to just run a usb and aux cord from the jacks on the radio to the ports? And to reply to the user above, I need a double din aftermarket radio because I need to keep the backup camera.

#4 ·
The backup camera image could be moved to a new rear view mirror with an integrated display. The USB adapter gives you a plug to connect to the back of the stock USB jack, and the other end plugs into a pigtail coming off the aftermarket radio. The aux retention adapter plugs into the factory wires and gives you two RCA ends to connect to an aftermarket radio.

#5 ·
I installed a HU on my '10 and was able to keep the aux ports working.

As Trumpet stated, there are modules available to keep the ports.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.