Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Decided to upgrade the OEM audio

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  wyld3man 
#1 ·
I kept going back and forth between upgrading the audio or the suspension in my 2015 DC. I only had the money to do one or the other at the time. It came down to either install the complete OME 612 kit with dakar leaf springs or the audio. I commute an hour each way to work, do not go off road much (except to find a fishing spot) and I am not planning on towing anything for a couple more years. I weighed the pros and cons and decided to put OME off for a year or so. (I did order a hellwig sway bar though) The hardest part was trying to figure out how I could get a subwoofer behind my rear seats without loosing the storage locker. I stopped by the local audio shop to see what the options and prices were and saw a JL audio 6" sub in a small enclosure. After taking a few measurements both the install guy and myself thought it would fit, and it did:) I ended up purchasing and having the shop install the following:
Memphis audio MCX62 for the rear doors and MCX692 for the front
JL Audio XD700/5 amp (under drivers seat)
JL Audio CP106LG-W3v3 sub (behind rear right passenger seat)
Volume adjustment knob for the sub

overall the install looks good and sounds even better. the sub fit like a glove but the rubber matt in the back had to be folded up over the top of the sub in order for the seat to raise and lower correctly. I was going to have them just cut a square out of it but if I decide to take out the sub I want it to look as though it was never there.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, I had the same shop hook up my FJ cruiser about 8 years ago and they did a very clean install on it. The local car dealerships take their cars to them for any lifts or audio installs. They figured that I needed the volume control knob and just threw it in at no charge, glad they did I never thought of that.

#5 ·
I just put a cheap pioneer head unit with infinity component speakers and two old amps I had along with 2 10" subs.

It is about 9 to the 81st power better than stock.

I thought everyone put the sub control know in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.