Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Suggestions on subwoofer box for '14 CM?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  claytonbiggsbee 
#1 ·
I've seen, and like the Fox Acoustics 2 x 10" subwoofer box.

I wonder if anyone has made or seen a box for a single 12"??

#5 ·
Do you have any pics? Also, is tech12volt a supplier on this site or private seller? I'm really liking the idea of 1 x 12".

Also, any suggestions on brand for a sub behind the rear seats?

#3 ·
Here is mine from Tech12volts with 2 10". I love this box.

Attachments

#4 ·
I am receiving my Tech12volts box very soon, very impressed with their quality. It is top of the line. Fox Acoustic and Atrend boxes seem to be the wrong size. Fox box is too small for being ported and Atrend is too big for being sealed. I almose bought one of those $70 ebay boxes, they look nice but the airspace is undivided so that is less than ideal. Good luck with the decision!

#8 ·
I will say I just installed the fox acoustics sealed box for three 10", used punch prime shallows and a fosgate mono. Sounds great. Could it be better? Sure but I'm running stock hu and a line level convertor so sure...a processor and new speakers and amp for stock locations would sound better but honestly this box does way more than I need...the remote knob and bass on system have to be turned down or it can be too much for some music. And the stock hu sucks for a couple reasons....fm sound sounds a little muffled and the xm signal seem to put out a weak sound...neither sound anything like they should but the cd section rocks...so for stock hu it is what it is and I really don't need to spend all the extra for my use but it is a great box , sub, and amp setup....just need a little cleaner signal going to them and wow

#9 ·
The problem with the Fox box is this . He suggested to many customers that they should use the JL 10tw3 and the enclosure hole is way to small for the 10tw3 . So why suggest a woofer that doesn't fit in your box without the customer cutting it? There are several other issues but that would be me stating my personal opinion and I try to keep from doing that . I would keep an eye on those punch primes in that enclosure. After playing it for a while put your hand on the center of the woofer cone and see if you feel it getting hot. Always make sure any enclosure you buy is built for the subwoofers you choose. A bad enclosure design will make great sub sound bad. And a well designed enclosure will make a bad sub sound much better. The JL 10tw3 and 12tw3 sound much better to me in a sealed enclosure. Throw some power to them and you can listen to anything you want and never have to worry about them having issues. But I could just be biased.

#10 ·
Ive had my fair share of ground moving audio that bounced quarters off vehicles 4 cars behind me.All I half to say is your not going to get seriouse boom in such a small box either way.And I personally stoped running punch when fosgate sold out then rebought because there quality went down.Kicker and MTX blue gold or there competition stuff is HEAVY DUTY.Im older now and into more of saving space for people rather than speakers but just my 2 cents your not going to dome with such small enclosures that fit behind the seat.Go for the ebay if it saves some cash just spray the inside of the box with some trunk spray or some type of bed liner spray.Hell one time I used bondo and experimented with different enclosure types way before they started selling them but any way it domed with one 12 but wayed a good 100 lbs.I kind of lauph when I see 1000/2000 watt rms running 1000 watt speakers at what ever ohm.I ran 4-600 watts 2 ohms that hit twice as hard those are sales pitches and numbers the trick is to match it to run off less current not so much you need a plug to run it off 110 volts?;)

#11 ·
The primes are a little cheaper speaker ? Sure but I'm not looking for competition sound just fuller sound...and the speakers fit the box great and the box fit great and the box is the new sealed version with around .5cu ft per sub and the fosgates want about the same so I have no issues with wrong speaker or wrong box to me....sure better speakers would be great but for the money I can't say I have a complaint for what I need and what I have...sounds great and not over the top with price....now if we want to go back 20yrs I could break out my old lowrider s10 blazer with more speakers and amps than most rock concerts.....but look at this new box...seems pretty good....way better than the 2-10"in the ported box....the shallows really like sealed enclosures and work better than most will ever want

#12 ·
And not defending fox but people should do homework before the buy....sure he said jls would fit and they do with a little modification....just like ready lift says 35x12.50 will fit with a 3" level...but how many have made that work without a little modification...just saying he claims magnet and depth of jl fits and he posts size of hole on website...so if you look at a jl and see the cutout is bigger and still go that route you have to be prepared to cut....but what is he cut the box for the jl and then everyone would be mad if they bought another speaker and the hole was to big....kinda hard to fix that....just don't understand the bashing when it really is not a problem...just a little elbow grease...

#13 ·
Doing research is always great . But buying an enclosure from anyone claiming it's a custom enclosure and buying the subs they suggest and them not fitting is on the company that made the box and recommended those subs. Also you don't recommend a sub and then when it sounds bad blame the sub manufacturer and there is a customer of his that posted on here his messages where he blamed the sub company. That doesn't fly so well when other run the subs and they sound great in other enclosures

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.