Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Pioneer 4000NEX

5K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Robert_W 
#1 ·
Just installed this today. Car play works great so far and it's nice having a 7inch screen. Hope maestro rr releases an update for this radio so vehicle information can appear

#3 ·
The Maestro RR update went live yesterday. There is a new Pioneer firmware update that is required to make this work. We have Maestro RR available to order if anyone wants to try the latest and greatest radio interface. As this has just now become available as an option we have not tested this.

#5 ·
Can't wait for the pics.

#7 ·
Does backup camera and steering wheel work controls?

Reactions: wildbill23c
#8 ·
Looks awesome. Thanks for the pics. What dash kit is that, it matches really well

#9 ·
Backup camera works fine, and the steering wheel controls work except for the call buttons. Hopefully maestro support this radio for our trucks soon so we can regain it. The dash kit is metras charcoal gray. Ordered it off bestbuy.com got here in 3 days

#12 ·
I have a 14 tundra with the brushed finish around my radio anyone seen a kit to match stock all I can find is gloss black

#19 ·
For Android and my S4 the voice and steering wheel controls are useless. At least while connected via BT. They may work with hdmi. Don't know. It's supposed to work with an iPhone but I can't confirm that. Hands free calling works over BT just fine though you still have to press the touchscreen or phone once or twice.

#21 · (Edited)
You sure about that? I think it does but they just haven't upgraded their database. Seems to support every other high end pioneer. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

I'm actually think of this thing cause there isn't anything else out there that I know of to regain the controls.

I'm going to contact them to verify. I'll report back.

BTW...they list the 4000nex as compatible here:

http://maestro.idatalink.com/compatible-radios

#22 ·
So, I just installed my 4000nex today. I'm a little frustrated. All the wiring is fine but the small trim piece that goes around the face of the screen comes flying off every time I open the player to insert a disc. Anybody experience this? Also I'm trying to fool around with AppRadio and I only have 4 apps and can't seem to get any more?? I would like to use a map app but can't find one. I've played with the radio for all about 10 minutes so I'm sure I'll get used to it. For now, I'm just a little disappointed in my purchase. BTW...has anyone done a firmware update on theirs? was it easy?

#23 ·
The only map app I found for Android required hdmi hook up. I refuse to run wires to my smart phone. Easier to look at the phone. Zero issues with pieces. All fits true and looks great. Mine came with .06 firmware. there's only one newer last I checked and it did nothing I cared about.

#26 ·
Just spoke to their tech dept.

The Maestro RR is overkill as it offers advanced features like viewing the gauges that will NOT work with the 4000NEX in a Tundra. It will still do steering wheel control but you'll be paying for features that you won't be able to use.

But the lesser model Maestro SW will work for just the steering wheel controls. I'm having it installed in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know.

iDatalink - Maestro - Maestro SW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.