Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Platinum Subwoofer Sucks

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  01G3Plat 
#1 ·
So as most of us already know, the JBL stereo setup in our trucks is the epitome of weak. The sub barely hits any ranges of bass. And is overall just disappointing, given what these trucks cost. Yet a substantially cheaper FJ Cruiser has a ROCKIN JBL setup that will blow you away.

Trying to understand why Toyota did this is a waste of time, but my question is...would the factory sub for the FJ JBL stereo work in the Tundra, using the stock enclosure?

#2 ·
I don't know if the FJ was a JBL. I owned a 2007 and it was just a "premium sound system" on the window sticker. Maybe they changed that in the later years, I don't know. I went from the premium in the FJ to the bottom of the line in the Tundra. It sucks big time.
I just came to complain I have no idea about your question.

#4 ·
Haha thanks for the input.

#5 ·
Well turns out that it wasn't the sub that was the problem. The left rear door speaker is blown....brand new truck, don't even have 500 miles on it. Oh well, got a new one en route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.