Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Adding Navi to 2014 sr5

8K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  Kimba 
#1 · (Edited)
Any ideas on how to replace my non-navi unit with a navi? I've heard that factory units aren't that great and aftermarket ones are better. How about aftermarket options. Are their any options out there that retain a factory look? I'm really not a fan of the 'ghetto rigged' look. Pix would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Had the non-nav Entune unit in my SR5 and swapped it for the nav unit I bought on here. Sure it has it's quirks but it works fine. Bought it for around $400 and it was a simple 30 min swap. If you go aftermarket you will be in for more than a 30 min swap. Sure you can get more bells and whistles with something aftermarket but if you want nav and bluetooth along with Entune apps, an OEM unit is the way to go.

Reactions: Azblue
#3 ·
+1 for swapping in a stock Nav. Easy, and I like the stock look. If you must have an aftermarket one, there are dash kits. With a kit, you can fit any standard double din HU, but you will also need additional harnesses and it will not look stock. As you can see in this pic, the stock unit is all one piece, knob to knob. This means if you go aftermarket you need to fill that empty space with the dash kit.

Attachments

#13 ·
So let me ask guys. i have a basically brand new 2013 I just grabbed. Its an SR5 and has no navi just normal cd player etc. Can I just pick up a navi for sale from any 2010-2013 Tundra/Sequoia and it fits right in and works with the same factory plugs etc? If thats the case let me know because I'd definitely go that route before I went the Pioneer/Kenwood route. Not new to this but not sure if maybe the navi equipped cars have something extra like plugs etc

#15 ·
Never owned a Gen 2 so not 100% sure, but I spend way too much time here on TT, and I think that unlike the 2014 you need to add a GPS antenna. Like I said, I could be mistaken, but I'd double check before buying one.

#42 ·
Reactions: Kimba
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.