Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2013 Nav/back up camera not working all the time

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SacRW 
#1 · (Edited)
2013 Nav/back up camera not engaging in reverse

I've already searched and I found nothing related to my problem.

Sometimes, the Navigation does not change over to the camera when in reverse. I noticed it today again for about the 3rd time since I bought the truck March 2, 2013. I have to turn the truck off and restart for the camera to work. Anyone else having this problem? It's very intermittent.

#2 ·
I've Also encountered this problem. Mine would not engage in the reverse mode at all. I have 12v going to the reverse signal and it would not engage at all. Unfortunately no one was able to offer any suggesting. If yours is stock from the factory I would suggest taking the hu out and verifying that the mic connector is firmly connected and that you are getting reverse signal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
It has happened to me occasionally. I just pop it outta reverse and then back in and it comes on. No need to shut off the truck and restart it.

Dave

#6 ·
It has happened to me 2 times. I bought my truck in March of this year. I figured that if it does it again then I will take it back.
what headunit do you guys have. I have the entune

#8 ·
This happened to me yesterday for the first time. I bought my CM RW in April. I had to shut mine off to get the camera to work again. I tried shifting in and out of reverse before shutting off and it didn't work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.