Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

PJC's baffles!!!

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Brylonator 
#1 ·
I just got some speaker baffles from a fellow TT member PJC. These things are very nice. They're made out of a type of 1/2" plastic (he said he can do 3/4" as well) so they should last forever. I've got them bolted to my door and my speakers bolted to the baffles.

He can build them to whatever specs you might need and is awesome to deal with!!!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#2 ·
Another pic

Attachments

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#3 ·
Everything installed.

Attachments

#5 ·
What is the purpose, sound improvement of stock size or alternate size mounting ease?

#6 ·
I guess you could say both FireFighterCT. It's been my experience that the round speakers have a more balanced and smoother sound than non-round. Generally speaking, anytime you install an aftermarket speaker in modern doors the factory speaker hole is a bit odd in shape, so some kind of plate is needed.

BTW, non-round speakers (6x9's and the like) do have more lower end output due to an increase in cone surface area.

Reactions: FirefighterCT
#10 · (Edited)
Thanks kevinj for the post and pics. They came out better than my personal set. And FirefighterCT... they allow a wider variety of drivers to be used. And the material is superior to wood, MDF, etc. They will never swell or fall apart. I include bolts to actually bolt the baffle to the door instead of using the plastic anchors that the factory uses. By making the baffle solid you can gain midbass and reduce rattles. I added foam weather stripping to my personal set. To seperate the HDPE from the metal.
Anyone interested in a set can contact me personally. I'll add some pics of the rear baffles too. I make the baffle to the exact size needed for the speaker. I even have a set of HAT 8s Im trying to finish right now. I just need to get a little more materials and then I will post pics. I'll also post some pics of some I did for an Impala... they are made out of birch and sprayed with bedliner. They work well too and are less expensive than the HDPE.
Thanks kevinj for the post and pics. They came out better than my personal set. And FirefighterCT... they allow a wider variety of drivers to be used. And the material is superior to wood, MDF, etc. They will never swell or fall apart. I include bolts to actually bolt the baffle to the door instead of using the plastic anchors that the factory uses. By making the baffle solid you can gain midbass and reduce rattles. I added foam weather stripping to my personal set. To seperate the HDPE from the metal.
Anyone interested in a set can contact me personally. I'll add some pics of the rear baffles too. I make the baffle to the exact size needed for the speaker. I even have a set of HAT 8s Im trying to finish right now. I just need to get a little more materials and then I will post pics. I'll also post some pics of some I did for an Impala... they are made out of birch and sprayed with bedliner. They work well too and are less expensive than the HDPE.

Here are the birch and bedliner ones I did for my buddy's Impala...

My personal baffles, not as nice and the current ones Im making...

kevinj rear adapters...

#11 ·
Baffles look good!

#16 ·
nice baffles.

#23 ·
pjc, are you still making these? I will likely need two sets pretty soon.

#24 ·
I was looking at buying a pair of pioneer 6.5 would it be smart for me to get a pair of these baffles?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#26 ·
Maybe he went to the dark side. His last reply on this thread was almost a year ago, and he hasn't logged in at all since last July.

#28 ·
Good that your other work has picked up and sucks for all of us! But also to all that have posted in this thread .....these are not baffles!!!! It's mounting hardware! I hope no one here is going to google and typing "baffles" to find a decent replacement for what PJC was making!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.