1st time Tundra owner, upgrading factory non jbl sound - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#16 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapcoTundra View Post
i would have spent more money on front stage. you dont sit in the back of your own truck so coax's for rear fill will do just fine. you never gave a budget, but you can get a pretty damn good entry level front stage for around 3hundo. focal, hertz, phoenix golds new stuff is pretty nice as well.

good luck.
As much as I agree on the how nice focal hertz and phoenix stuff has gotten, I am still of the mindset that Alpine has the longevity to stay clear longer and get out of it what he is trying to do over the longrun without swapping speakers every couple of years if he decides to put an amp on them.
The Following User Says Thank You to jakec2789 For This Useful Post:
Batt66 (12-13-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the list looks ok with the install being the most important part . I would try Velcro on the tweeters and move them to different locations to find where they shine. Be sure to install some sound deadening in the doors behind the speaker the more the better. Also do not make the ground longer than 3'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mfour For This Useful Post:
Batt66 (12-13-2012)
#18 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakec2789 View Post
As much as I agree on the how nice focal hertz and phoenix stuff has gotten, I am still of the mindset that Alpine has the longevity to stay clear longer and get out of it what he is trying to do over the longrun without swapping speakers every couple of years if he decides to put an amp on them.
ive had the same focal polyglass' v2s since 2006. granted they arent run off an amp from the bargain bin. you get what you pay for. ive used them for years.

i have a polyglass sub ive been running since 2008 and beat the crap out of it. but its run off a zapco dc 750.2 and it still sounds amazing. it depends on how good the equipment is that will determine longevity, and i know how to tune and know the limits of my equipment.

i understand being brand loyal, i am extremely loyal to zapco amplifiers. there are other factors to consider when "setting up a system"

but to each his own.

2004 AC TRD 4X4
SQ MONSTER
The Following User Says Thank You to ZapcoTundra For This Useful Post:
Batt66 (12-13-2012)
#19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapcoTundra View Post
ive had the same focal polyglass' v2s since 2006. granted they arent run off an amp from the bargain bin. you get what you pay for. ive used them for years.

i have a polyglass sub ive been running since 2008 and beat the crap out of it. but its run off a zapco dc 750.2 and it still sounds amazing. it depends on how good the equipment is that will determine longevity, and i know how to tune and know the limits of my equipment.

i understand being brand loyal, i am extremely loyal to zapco amplifiers. there are other factors to consider when "setting up a system"

but to each his own.
Very true, set up is everything, I am brand biased, but I also got that champagne taste with beer money problem as well!

To the OP just be smart setting it up don't max everything out and it should last.

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Audio/Visual Discussion