Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Just Replaced OEM '10 Radio with '12 Navigation Unit

128K views 283 replies 67 participants last post by  Brettski15 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Tundra DoubleCab that my father gave me when he passed. So, I definitely am keeping this truck and I don't really want to do too many mods to it. It has the 5.7L V8 and he already had a Magnaflow catback installed. So that is definitely a plus IMO.

Anyway, the OEM unit that was in this was low level to say the least. I have aftermarket equipment in all of my vehicles but I want to try a factory look this time.

So, I bought a 2012 Toyota OEM Navigation system and it is simply plug and play. Steering wheel controls, Aux input, Navigation... everything works.

BTW, I am thinking of getting 2 Sundown Audio SD210's in a ported box for under the seat and a Sundown amp as well.

In the meantime here are a few pics of the installation. I may add a video in the future. I have to get use to the controls but all in all I really like it.

See less See more
#258 ·
Well guys, tonight I put the Entune from a 13, in my 10. I can confirm the isimple gateway, and sxv100 Siriusxm tuner works.... for the most part. Only part of the sat radio that doesn't work, is I get no song, or artist info, and all the channels are listed by just the channel number, no channel name. Not sure why... I also couldn't get usb audio going .... tried for a long while. I made up my own usb cable, when that didn't work, I actually found what is listed as a multi-media interface. Its behind glovebox top left. Has 1 red connection that is almost identical to the one at the usb port itself. I bought an adapter that goes from that style connector to the connection at the Entune for usb. Entunes usb connection looks like a sat antenna plugin. Any ideas fellas?

#267 ·
Hey guys, couple of questions on the Entune unit, first, during turn by turn directions does this unit not mute the music before announcing directions, and secondly, is there anyway to make it display the radio tuner screen, without defaulting back to the map screen? Tnx guys!

#268 ·
is there anyway to make it display the radio tuner screen, without defaulting back to the map screen? Tnx guys!

There is a way to make it split screen. That's how I have mine set up. Pretty cool. Shows audio on the right and then a closeup of the map when a turn is coming up.

-The man. The myth. The legend.

#278 ·
After going over this tread and the one on the other site, I figured I need at a minimum the head unit and the K6 plug. The antennae can be the cheap prius one. I have been trying to contact the guy that was selling the units (KenC10) before with no luck. My local craigslist has been no help either. I'm in no hurry, I'll wait till I find something reasonable. Stock look is a must.

#281 ·
$350 is reasonable.
i paid $300 for mine last year, it came out of a 2013.
Check frequently on here in the FS thread and also on tundrasolutions & on CL.
check ebay also but most of the time people think they can get $1000 for it and ask for stupid prices.

be patient and you'll find one! just make sure that they include the sat antenna and sometimes you might get lucky and they'll throw in the mic connector.

#282 ·
So what navigation unit will work on 12 Tundra. Its a crewmax non SR5, non jbl or TDR model? I don't care about apps. I just want it mainly for nav and back up camera. I'd also need the camera. I seen my buddy's 2014 model. Will that work? And is it plug & play?

#283 ·
Has anyone had issues with a Samsung Note 4 connecting to this unit...just upgraded from a Note 2 and had no issues with it. Sometimes is works and sometimes it doesnt.

#284 ·
I was also wondering if there has been any updates for this unit. I live in Canada so I wouldnt get it from the dealership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.