Auto dimming, Homelink, Rear view Mirror question - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Auto dimming, Homelink, Rear view Mirror question

Just purchased my 1st Tundra crewmax 4x4. We got the Grade with the convenience package (we needed that 6th Seat). We also wanted the back up camera but there wasn't once on the lot with that feature. I do however, have the Auto dimming mirror, with homelink, and compass. I have two questions:

1. Does the Auto dimming mirror , with homelink and compass, have the back up camera display built in from the factory? (since I don't have a camera is it just not used) or is there 2 mirrors out there that look exactly a like one with the display and one with out?

2. I'm assuming my truck is pre-wired for the camera, how could I tell for sure?

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,136 Times in 470 Posts
Garage
Not sure about the display, but if you look under the rear bumper, there will be a white plug mounted underneath which is for the back up camera. It will be more towards the passenger side!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

TWAC #40
FETC #13
RRCM #43

2011 Double Cab 4x4 ~~ Rock Warrior Package ~~ A.R.E. V Series ~~ 2" Leveling Kit ~~ Plasti' Dipped Emblems ~~ BHLM ~~ Added OEM Backup Camera & Homelink Mirror ~~ Added info button ~~ Door Sill Protectors ~~ Bully hitch step ~~ Interior LED's ~~ Powdercoated Rings on RW Rims ~~ Pillar Tape Removed ~~ Weathertechs ~~ Tow Mirrors ~~ Underseat Storage ~~ More to come!
#3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 PM

I was bouncing the same problem. Here is the solution from trdsparks,

above the rearview mirror, there's a connector currently connect to your mirror, its ready to connect your monitor for your backview camera. the problem is only can choose either connet to the camera, or to the mirror only,

I'll go to the audio store, to see if possible to split the wires and make both working.

see my link if this can help:
2012 tundra - no rear view monitor harness??

Last edited by tundra_crawler; 05-13-2012 at 02:57 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra_crawler View Post
I was bouncing the same problem. Here is the solution from trdsparks,

above the rearview mirror, there's a connector currently connect to your mirror, its ready to connect your monitor for your backview camera. the problem is only can choose either connet to the camera, or to the mirror only,

I'll go to the audio store, to see if possible to split the wires and make both working.

see my link if this can help:
2012 tundra - no rear view monitor harness??

So right now you can only have the Rear view mirror or the back up cam right?
#5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know if the homelink,compass, auto dim mirror has the small screen already there?

sent from my etch-a-sketch via taptalk.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
Just purchased my 1st Tundra crewmax 4x4. We got the Grade with the convenience package (we needed that 6th Seat). We also wanted the back up camera but there wasn't once on the lot with that feature. I do however, have the Auto dimming mirror, with homelink, and compass. I have two questions:

1. Does the Auto dimming mirror , with homelink and compass, have the back up camera display built in from the factory? (since I don't have a camera is it just not used) or is there 2 mirrors out there that look exactly a like one with the display and one with out?

2. I'm assuming my truck is pre-wired for the camera, how could I tell for sure?

thanks in advance
I had the same situation and the answer is no, when you order the OEM camera it comes with a replacement mirror. I went back to my dealer and talked with the parts guy. Since I wanted that feature and they didn't have it the sold it to me at 25% of the list price, took me about 45 minutes to install following the instruction that he printed off for me. I can send you the parts number. Clark

Mark - Beaumont, Tx
2012 Tundra CrewMax 4 x 2, 5.7L in Pyrite Mica
Moonroof, Bluetooth XM-Sirius, Spray-In Bedliner,
Tow Pkg, Back-Up Camera, Predator Steptubes, Bed Rails, Towing Mirror, Weathertech Mats, Info Buttons
★ Texas Tundra Group Member #49 ★

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Audio/Visual Discussion