Disable Bluetooth Audio Autoplay w/ Android Phone? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Disable Bluetooth Audio Autoplay w/ Android Phone?

This is driving me crazy... I've been searching the 'net for a solution, and can't seem to find anything better than some workarounds.

My Droid X phone supports an Audio Profile for Bluetooth. And, obviously, so does my '11 CM Platinum with the factory radio w/ NAVI. The issue is that selecting BT as the audio input source immediately fires up the audio player on the phone and starts playing the media files.

I have something like five MP3s on my phone, and they're all ringtones. I don't use my phone as a media player per se - except when I use IHeartRadio. I HATE having to fiddle with the phone to stop the media player and then have the IHeartRadio app start up after the fact.

Does anyone know how to STOP the autoplay feature via Bluetooth? Or, at least stop it for the phone? I can appreciate that you would want something like an iPod to fire up if you were controlling it via BT, but I believe that it should at LEAST be a configurable option.

I've tried changing the Player Options in the Head Unit to connect from the device and NOT connect from the vehicle. But, this seems to make the use of BT Audio a huge nightmare.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 04:25 PM

You can either pair your device as a handsfree device only and not an audio gateway, or you can try to take the 5 MP3s out of your playlist so your music player has nothing to play.

Try downloading WinAmp on your android (its free in the marketplace) and set it as the default player. I dont think it adds songs automagically. So it should have a blank playlist.

Or you could delete the music player all together. But I wouldnt suggest that.

:: 2011 Silver Sky SR5 TRD Tundra ::
:: Fox Shox Coilovers :: KMC Skitch 18x9 :: N-Fabs
:: Nitto 295/70R18 :: DDM HIDs :: BedRug Liner::
:: Access Tonneau :: P4200DVD:Massive Audio:2xRF 10's:WDTV ::
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Registered as a non-media player is not an option for me as I want to be able to play media through the system. What I don't want to do is play any MP3 files off of my phone - I want to use iheartradio.

Using a different media player doesn't seem to be a valid option since the "autoplay" is not tied to the player, it's tied to the Bluetooth sending the start signal to the phone.

Removing the media players is also not an option since that requires rooting the phone.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Well, put it this way, I use WinAmp and it doesnt autoplay unless I was playing something before.

I have a ROM on mine though, and the stock media app is deleted, so I can't tell you which is doing what without trial and error.

Good luck.

:: 2011 Silver Sky SR5 TRD Tundra ::
:: Fox Shox Coilovers :: KMC Skitch 18x9 :: N-Fabs
:: Nitto 295/70R18 :: DDM HIDs :: BedRug Liner::
:: Access Tonneau :: P4200DVD:Massive Audio:2xRF 10's:WDTV ::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Audio/Visual Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.