Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What finish would you like your custom roof rack to have?

• Powder Coated Fine Wrinkle Black

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Powder Coated Gloss Black

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Factory Base Coat/Clear Color Match

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other: explain in post

Votes: 3 9.4%

crewmax roof racks

432K views 784 replies 154 participants last post by  Jake94 
#1 ·
hey everyone,

so there are threads all over the place about roof racks, custom roof racks and yada yada yada. thought i would start a general thread for crewmax roof racks. if you have one, and feel comfortable doing so, name the brand and a price range and also how you like it.

thanks
phill

#471 ·
Okay: one more thing:) I would like you to put something together, but will wait until I have my funding prepared so that you can stay focused on more immediate req's. Thanks again for providing the things for this truck that the market justifies, but no other provider has picked up on, and making them with top quality.

Reactions: Coachbuilder1
#474 · (Edited)
Roof Rack and Bed Rack

David... Checked back in on this thread and saw posting about our bed rack! Looks like it may bring this thread back alive... LOL. Looks like you have quite the following and a lot of customers. I can't wait to see the project start and work with you to bring the matching bead rack to market with you! It will be awesome to see how everyone reacts to the first pics on my truck of both roof and bed racks!

#475 ·
David... Checked back in on this thread and saw posting about our bed rack! Looks like it may bring this thread back alive... LOL. Looks like you have quite the following and a lot of customers. I can't wait to see the project start and work with you to bring the matching bead rack to market with you! It will be awesome to see how everyone reacts to the first pics on my truck of both roof and bed racks!
Glad you posted :) We're getting closer to our Build and am really looking forward to it. :D

#476 ·
SEMA is quickly approaching and I'll be heading to the Brightest Desert on earth Monday. If anyone needs anything before heading out please let me know. I'll post pics after we make it back, Some of the Best built Tundra's will be displayed. "Goodvibessa" is showing his truck along with a few other TT members.

#477 ·
If there is anything u want to put on my truck, bring it with you.

#479 ·
Bring the badges, I will get them on there. Killerwaxx is the shit. I recommend it without question.

#480 ·
I installed the SURCO roof rack on my tundra, and it has spare tire carrier in it with jack/and light brackets. The basket comes off and i install my kayak carrier on the cross bars. The whole thing can slide off and just two very low profile rails on the roof are left,,I like this system it was about 600 canadian for all

Attachments

#481 · (Edited)
Ekstrom Design & Fabrication LLC. "A Coachbuilder Product" :D

#482 ·
what a perfect truck to showcase your good work david.

#483 ·
David, I just wanted to let you know there has been a miscommunication about the location of my truck. I am outside in the featured vehicle section.

#484 ·
I appreciate the heads up :) You'll be Much easier to find outside, Really lookin' forward to it Chip!!!

#490 ·
so its easier for you to clean your roof.

#497 ·
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! i'm spending the holiday with my family and for once not away working :) there is so much to be thankful for. I truly appreciate all my Customers/Friends and everyone else whos support has helped Ekstrom Design get where it is today. Thank you!

#498 ·
David, awesome, AWESOME work on this roof racks! If I wasn't so empty pocketed I'd have to order one....maybe one day! :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#500 ·
:) Thank you very much!

I hear ya, I'd be happy to build one for you even if its down the road. :D

#504 ·
Thanks!

When ever you're ready let me know, I'm sure we can design something that will flow perfectly between the truck and shell. It would def look nice having the matching setup. along with all the storage :D

#503 ·
Any progress on the truck bed rack yet? I can hardly wait to see how it looks together with matching roof rack. Thanks!

#506 ·
I might have posted in the wrong thread before asking about cost for the roof rack.... not sure but I like so many would like info on a roof rack. 2011 tundra crewmax. 33950 zip. The LED lights look cool how is the output compared to HID lights? Gotta have lights up front one way or another.
thanks
JJ

#507 ·
Hi JJ,

Beings these Roof Rack are all completely custom builds giving direct quotes is always best :) The lights really come down to preference and budget. The Roof Rack is extremely low profile and the LED light bars follow the lines well. The HID's have worked out great too for allot of guys, both light outputs are dense with unbelievable coverage. And placing the lights up above the truck makes for a much longer throw compared to any other mounting location. I will PM over a quote and we can modify anything we need to.. Thanks for posting!

#518 ·
Do you have a picture of the front of the rack by any chance?[/QUOT

Depending on which lights are used determines how the front is constructed.

#521 ·
Thanks very much, I appreciate that :) As pretty as it is its extremely durable and designed to have as much function as looks. :D

Great rack. But shipping overseas to Dubai will not make a good deal?
Btw, David.... I bet you have some Swedish blood?

Med Vänlig Hälsning
/Eddie
Anythings possible, I'd be glad to look into it if you'd like. You're good Eddie My Swedish blood runs deep :) My Grandfather was one of the first in his family to make the move. Growing up we usually only saw them on Sunday and could spend all day in his home shop. He was a skilled wood worker and built many unique one of a kind tools along the way. Watching him figure things out and design projects that others said weren't possible made me who I am. I'm pretty old school I guess... designing everything in my head before even lifting a tool makes for a fun turnout. One of the many traits I learned from the ones before me.

Med Vänlig Hälsning
David

#523 ·
Finished the wire harness today and getting it crated up for you. Be on the lookout for some pics before it ships outs :) Can't wait to see the linex finished. That'll look sharp!

#526 ·
Looks very nice! You still need to ship me your logos to install on mine.

#529 ·
I have been rolling the ss badges and have decided I'm going to machine a male/female die to press there shape. I will definitely send a set over to you Chip :)

#528 ·
That may be the funniest thing I've ever heard! We're ALLLL guilty of it though! lol I got your quote request. I'll send it over by the end of the day. thanks!

#531 ·
This is one of the best truck racks I've seen. Was considering have one fabricated until I saw this post. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I haven't had time to read all the posts. How is this mounted to the roof? Do you need to remove the head liner? Can it be installed on a Tundra CrewMax with a sunroof? Build time? Cost? Many Thanks, and Happy Holidays.

#532 ·
You do have to remove the headliner. You have to drill through your roof for the mounting bolts, kind of scary, but just seal them up real good when you put the bolts on and you will be fine. As for the sunroof, I am not sure as my truck does not have one. Does your sunroof slide back into the roof itself when open, or kind of tilt up then slide back on the outside of the roof?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.