Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

My new rear high clearance tube bumper

15K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  Roy Park 
#1 ·
Well, I trimmed my back fenders last week past the back wheel well and had Backwoods Bumper in Northwest Arkansas make this bumper for me. Off to powder coat Monday and I will post pics of it installed.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
That thing looks awesome. Do you tow? I've been trying to figure a solution with my rear bumper and hitch receiver, but I'm worried an aftermarket/custom hitch wouldn't be able to tow as heavy.

#12 ·
I would of asked them to throw in a couple of shackle points but beside looks awesome. Was it a custom job?

#15 ·
Here you go. I trimmed the rear corners where they are stamped for the factory bumper and finished the area in Monstaliner bedliner. I initially planned to make a horizontal cut clear to the fender well, but I decided it was going to be more difficult job. The cuts show off my nice 3" Coachbuilder shackles and BAmuffler dumped before my axle. I small car can drive under the rear of my truck. I decided to use a hitch receiver bracket for my license plate. Photos don't do this bumper justice.

For those of you who have never used Monstaliner, it is fade resistant and is a MUCH BETTER product than other DIY bedliner kits.

Attachments

#16 ·
Looks good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I have been thinking about this for a while. Nice solution. I hate the poor departure angle. what did you do with the spare?

#21 ·
That looks great. I'm considering a rear prerunner bumper also.

#23 ·
Man I wish somebody would make steel bumper with the bed chop and swing tire carrier...You see them everywhere with Tacos but theres nothing for Tundras.

#32 ·
Looks good. Any thought to running the tubing up to the wheel well and running another piece from the back bottom tube at the bend up to meet it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.