2018 Toyota Tundra Spied Again Showing New Front End - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Editorial Content

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2018 Toyota Tundra Spied Again Showing New Front End

Quote:
A different prototype is being tested in Los Angeles, California.

In early February, spy photographers managed to catch a white Toyota Tundra prototype testing, which appear to have the honeycomb grille of the recently revealed Tundra TRD Sport, confirming the Japanese automaker is giving its pickup a facelift to tide it over until the redesigned model arrives in 2020. Now another prototype has surfaced, with what appears to be a higher trim level putting the new front end through its paces.

Up front there’s a new grille, hood and headlights that will give the Tundra a refreshed look. But since only the front is camouflaged, it’s likely the changes won’t be as extensive as those the model received in 2014.

The refresh could come with engine tweaks, along with a possible 10-speed automatic transmission used in the Lexus LC and LS, although that could be held back until the next-generation model arrives.

The current Toyota Tundra made its debut at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show before Toyota extensively refreshed it in time for the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. But since the 2017 Chicago Auto Show has already passed, the 2018 Toyota Tundra should make its debut elsewhere before the end of the year.
Read more about the 2018 Toyota Tundra Spied Again Showing New Front End at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguide.com View Post
the refresh could come with engine tweaks, along with a possible 10-speed automatic transmission used in the lexus lc and ls, although that could be held back until the next-generation model arrives.
nope

2014 Tundra DC Limited TRD 1G3 - Bilstein 6112 (max) 5160 + Toytec shackles (max)
Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70R18 (OEM TRD Wheels) & Cooper M+S LT275/65R20 (OEM Platinum wheels)
Snugtop Xtra Vision Shell w/ custom aluminum sleeping platform - ARB 2500 Awning

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thodhye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguide.com View Post
the refresh could come with engine tweaks, along with a possible 10-speed automatic transmission used in the lexus lc and ls, although that could be held back until the next-generation model arrives.
nope
I was thinking the same exact thing! Hahaha if they did MSRP is gonna go up $5k probably

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Toyota want's to stop making trucks. I mean, why else would they continue to NOT refresh their drive trains? Guess it's a good thing these trucks run for a long time.

14' CM 4x4 1794 Super White - 20" XD's 275/60/20 BFG KO 2's

Past Rides
11' RCSB 4x4 SR5 Silver Sky - Traded
11' CM 4x4 Rock Warrior / Magnetic Grey - Traded
10' CM 4x4 TRD Super White - Toyota bought it back!
08' CM 4x4 SR5 Silver Sky - Sold
07 RCSB 4x4 SR5 Sport Radiant Red - Traded
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperspd7 View Post
Toyota want's to stop making trucks. I mean, why else would they continue to NOT refresh their drive trains? Guess it's a good thing these trucks run for a long time.
This has been asked and answered directly by Toyota, and its exactly how you ended the rant! lol

Toyota claims they want to stick with a good thing, leaving the engine/tranny combo as is. (BULLETPROOF)

They are the most dependable trucks on earth and they want to keep it that way, while still throwing 380hp to the ass end.

Real world, their engine and trans are in fact bulletproof, but we keep getting knocked down by low payload. So I don't believe anything should be worked on except bumping payload.

Go drive and price out all the other brands, you'll probably agree.
The Following User Says Thank You to RinconVTR For This Useful Post:
texbambam (03-13-2017)
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Garage
I get it man... but look at market share. It's pathetic. I want the latest tech and for the million'th time... GAS MILEAGE. The truth is, the trucks are profitable, but not that profitable. Yes the 5.7 is a solid motor (assuming you weren't lucky enough to suffer the VVTi issue! Which I did and Toyota ended up buying back my 2010 CM).

Anyway, I ran out and bought the 14', in fact one of the first in KC. It has been a good truck. As were my past Tundra's. My rant is legitimate. I don't drink the kool-aid of any brand. They all have issues, but at a minimum the other 3 are bringing innovation and gas mileage. Still waiting for Toyota to sh*t or get off the pot...

Past Rides
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:13 PM

Garage
Ha! Read the comments.

"No mechanical changes are being made to the Tundra, so expect the 5.7-liter V8 with 381 horsepower and the smaller 4.6-liter V8 with 310 hp to still be offered."

Again, let down. 14mpg (on a good day) gets old. That's all I'm saying.

2018 Toyota Tundra Gets Sporty New Trim, Added Safety » AutoGuide.com News

Past Rides
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Garage
You all new what you were buying. If you don't like Toyota go buy a ford or whatever. I don't get why you would buy the tundra if you have these complaints. Oh yeah, because it is still the best truck for the money. Best resale value. Don't cry about gas milage, you knew it is not as efficient as other brand. As for all the gadgets, I don't need them anyways, but for the people that do they should offer them and rip you guys off and charge less to me or people who buy the sr version. ....

Why do people always think change is good? I mean it can be but , change can be bad too. I agree with Toyota having the same engine for all these years. Reliablity and that is why I bought the tundra.

Last edited by Lee's rig; 03-03-2017 at 03:40 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lee's rig For This Useful Post:
jagtundra (04-02-2017), kwazziee (04-05-2017), RIjon (03-03-2017), UNTMatt (03-04-2017)
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Garage
does it have a 6.5' bed with the CM---no
has the MPG improved like the competition-no...
then PFFFFFfffffft.........meh..........bfd ....

2003 F-250 7.3 XLT-traded for 2014 4Runner TE Prem.
2010 F-150 gone for a 14' CM, 4x4, 5.7L, Barcelona Red, Tan interior TSS Pkg.

Going down in a pile of brass, Jack!
The Following User Says Thank You to RingSteel For This Useful Post:
hyperspd7 (03-13-2017)
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
NUT UP OR SHUT UP!

I know the US BIG 3 have great trade in programs and additional incentives. I would highly recommend the HEMI 5.7 with eco boost. I have it in my Durango and the MPG is killer 27mpg on the highway!!!

That said... SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP. I hate people who bitch and complain about decisions they made. Either live with it or move on. Stop bitching about it ESPECIALLY to a PRO TUNDRA GROUP. (Senior member or not... pull your sh*t together!)

D

BLACK SUNSHINE - 2017 CrewMax TRD Supercharged

BIG RIG CLUB MEMBER #56
Thank you to our Active Duty Military and Veterans... ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL!

SEMPER FIDELIS!!!
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

Garage
aw why gets all butt hurt cause yah saw something yah don't like.....
I was speaking of the 2018 not coming up to speed as the competition......it's called difference of opinions.......
just cause yah don't likes mine tuff.......
if you such a sensitive fan boy maybe yah need a safe room with the rest of the snow flakes....otherwise...meh....

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
JESUS CHRIST I can't take it anymore! All these bitches whining about how Tundra lacks tech, gadgets, 10 speed trans, mileage, the list goes on and on. Even Ford has the port in the dash where your wiener goes on a cold day. That way you can lay nice in any weather. I want Toyota to mimic those piece of shits.

That Mike Sweers guy has been quoted as saying Toyota isn't even attempting to gain market share. They can't complete with the big 3's numbers. Tundra and Tacoma are built out of ONE factory. Not many factories spread throughout Mexico and a little in the USA. Sweers even has said Tundra is sort of a weird niche market. People who buy em come to expect reliability, and for the most part, Toyota has a great motor and trans. Tundra is designed to do truck things, mainly tow. It has upper tier options to attempt to pander to the bitches, but it's still a "Truck." It is a great truck at that.

If you want fancy, please just buy a sedan. Don't look at an actual 6000lb real truck with a big ass 350 in it and complain about mileage. A 350 that gets GOOD mileage. See how dumb that sounds?

OR, no one is stopping you from buying a Ford, GM, or Ram. Why dump your money into Toyota when it doesn't make the vehicle you want? Just get the sedan, or deal with the consequences of having your gadgets and mileage that the big 3 offer in their "Trucks." Let your wallet speak to Toyota. I can assure you, they don't give a shit about whiners. The guys who bought it because it is a truck aren't really complaining.

Disclaimer: Sorry for calling you bitches. Also when I say bitches, I'm not implying anything towards women.
Disclaimer: I realize you have the right to your opinion. This is just mine. Let's not fight. I'm the toughest guy on the Internet.
Disclaimer: If you keep it up, Lee's Rig and me will start another manlove thread.

2014 5.7L SR Loooooong bed!
DirtyDeeds Stainless 8" BAMuffler
CrimeStopper SP-502
Raptor 4" Nerf Bars
Husky X-Act Contour Floor Liners
20% Tint
BBS RD423 20" wheels. Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015xl 275/55R20

Last edited by tomscigars; 03-03-2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: I'm an admitted Toyota fan boi.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomscigars For This Useful Post:
Trailmoose (03-04-2017)
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Hmm 2 points a tad bit improvement on mpg and a 6.5 bed for work space and all the closet metrosexuals come screaming out of the closet about stuff never mentioned....
wow yah mean this is a heavy truck will chit no wonder no juan evah toll me.....wow.....you guys are so smart and sensitive too........
heh...heh...heh........just stepped outside, nope no full moon hmm wonder if it is fluoride in the water then.....

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 16,287 Times in 8,028 Posts
Mentioned: 524 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5792 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingSteel View Post
aw why gets all butt hurt cause yah saw something yah don't like.....
I was speaking of the 2018 not coming up to speed as the competition......it's called difference of opinions.......
just cause yah don't likes mine tuff.......
if you such a sensitive fan boy maybe yah need a safe room with the rest of the snow flakes....otherwise...meh....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingSteel View Post
Hmm 2 points a tad bit improvement on mpg and a 6.5 bed for work space and all the closet metrosexuals come screaming out of the closet about stuff never mentioned....
wow yah mean this is a heavy truck will chit no wonder no juan evah toll me.....wow.....you guys are so smart and sensitive too........
heh...heh...heh........just stepped outside, nope no full moon hmm wonder if it is fluoride in the water then.....

Can anybody direct me as to where I can purchase a copy of "Hooked on Southern Redneck Ebonic Phonics" so I may understand @RingSteel 's posts?

AZ Tundra Club #71
Save The Chrome Club #1
RYRWDBTTBYCDI Club #34
SAVE THE CHROME!!!
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Premium Member

Garage
ebay has messican ubonics on sale.....lol....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Toyota Tundra News & Polls > Toyota Tundra News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.