TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum (http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/)
-   Toyota Tundra News (http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/toyota-tundra-news/)
-   -   2014 Toyota Tundra Rumored for Chicago Auto Show Debut (http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/toyota-tundra-news/116025-2014-toyota-tundra-rumored-chicago-auto-show-debut.html)

AutoGuide.com 11-12-2012 12:46 PM

2014 Toyota Tundra Rumored for Chicago Auto Show Debut

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/w...atinum_Pkg.jpg

Quote:

Toyota’s first foray into the full-size half-ton truck market was unveiled in 2007 in Chicago, and now AutoGuide has learned that Toyota will likely reveal its all-new Tundra during the upcoming 2013 Chicago Auto Show.

The Tundra has seen lackluster sales, even though when it first debuted it had all the right power and towing numbers to compete with the big three. The main issue with the truck was not design, but that it wore an un-American badge few truck buyers were interested in.

Not much is known about the new Tundra as Toyota is staying very tight lipped, but it will have to be a radical departure from the current design. The new truck will probably be more angular, emulating what the other players have been doing with their trucks lately.
For more on the 2014 Tundra Debut, visit AutoGuide.com

WhaThe 11-18-2012 12:22 PM

I have not been to the Chicago auto show in a few years. This will give me a good reason to go this year.

brockeverly 11-18-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Fuel efficiency is one of the Tundra’s biggest weaknesses, and for 2014 we can expect the truck to improve immensely in this area. How it will be done is not clear, but some options on the table for Toyota are introducing a hybrid system, weight savings, direct-injection and even the possibility of introducing a small diesel engine.
I hope this happens on one hand, on the other I hope it doesn't. I would hate to trade in a brand new truck....

Bad Dad's Camrys 11-18-2012 11:07 PM

Diesel would be great, although I have no need for one.

Here's a caveat...can the thing be tuned?

I know nothing about diesels, but from what I read and hear, they are brought to their full potential with a tune. Since Toyotas can't be tuned, where does that leave us? At the back of the pack?

Sure, a diesel in a Tundra would get some buyers, but with the inability to tune it, you won't get the full boat.

dikkie 11-20-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra (Post 939140)
Diesel would be great, although I have no need for one.

Here's a caveat...can the thing be tuned?

I know nothing about diesels, but from what I read and hear, they are brought to their full potential with a tune. Since Toyotas can't be tuned, where does that leave us? At the back of the pack?

Sure, a diesel in a Tundra would get some buyers, but with the inability to tune it, you won't get the full boat.

sam, toyota's can be tuned, at least the diesels... my LJ120 3.0 D4D diesel Landcruiser was tuned and it was both faster and more fuel efficient..!! :yesnod:

check this link >>> Diesel Tuning Chip for Toyota Land Cruiser 3.0 D-4D 190PS / 140kW / 187bhp

:D dikkie :D

jbroas 11-20-2012 09:21 PM

Chicago Auto show starts around Feb 8.. SO Finally.. in less than 3 months we will finally know what the "secret" Gen3 Tundra will be all about! I have a feeling because of the new CAFE laws, there will be a V6 "ecoboost type" DGI w/ 8 speed auto?.. I think our current 5.7L might be the baddest-azz engine they would ever make...

GeoThundra 11-27-2012 07:59 PM

Spoke to a Rep in Irvine this year, his words were.. More traditional styling, redone better interior, possible HD/Diesel varients, diesel was in plan and using a different company so Hino will most likely not make a diesel for it. American made. Very hush hush about it, but dont work there and dont care lol

AbsolutGT 11-28-2012 01:28 PM

I'll say this...if they do have a 2014 Tundra Diesel, I'll wait maybe 6 months after they sell to see if any issues with the new releases go, and if it's not too bad, I'll trade my Tundra in a heart beat.

E_burns88 11-28-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolutGT (Post 945453)
I'll say this...if they do have a 2014 Tundra Diesel, I'll wait maybe 6 months after they sell to see if any issues with the new releases go, and if it's not too bad, I'll trade my Tundra in a heart beat.

I'm in the same boat. If they come out with a diesel Tundra, I would trade mine in to get one but only after a couple months. I've also been tossing the idea of trading mine in now to go newer for a couple weeks so hopefully that diesel comes out sooner than 2014.

Darrin NC 11-28-2012 03:41 PM

I hope they put more power in the ac system and dont make the crewmax rear interior smaller. Best part of the crewmax is that it is like a limo in the rear seat area.

r8der 11-28-2012 05:03 PM

Not only did I hear or read that the 2014 Tundra will have more "traditional" truck styling Toyota is supposed changed the frame. I probably wait and see how it looks and whether they do increase the MPG before trading up.

GeoThundra 11-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r8der (Post 945589)
Not only did I hear or read that the 2014 Tundra will have more "traditional" truck styling Toyota is supposed changed the frame. I probably wait and see how it looks and whether they do increase the MPG before trading up.

Yeah I also forgot to add, full boxed frame or heavier duty TripleFlex Frame both were in plans.. Too many complaints on our current frames but all about ride not much about load worries or durability. The new tundra should be interesting, hopefully they do a Crewmax with a 6-6.5' Bed, have Dually and 8 Lug options if they wanna stay competitive.

IMO there should be:
5.7l Should be Direct Injection
Actual Locking Diff Avail Front and Rear
Keep Single Cab Option for 5.7
Bigger Crewmax Bed
Dually/8lug
Nicer interior and better seats
DIESEL

bzboy 11-28-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoThundra (Post 945679)
Yeah I also forgot to add, full boxed frame or heavier duty TripleFlex Frame both were in plans.. Too many complaints on our current frames but all about ride not much about load worries or durability. The new tundra should be interesting, hopefully they do a Crewmax with a 6-6.5' Bed, have Dually and 8 Lug options if they wanna stay competitive.

IMO there should be:
5.7l Should be Direct Injection
Actual Locking Diff Avail Front and Rear
Keep Single Cab Option for 5.7
Bigger Crewmax Bed
Dually/8lug
Nicer interior and better seats
DIESEL

Amen to all of that.

tundrakountry 11-28-2012 10:59 PM

With all the goodies u guys are talking about-ur looking at a 60-70k truck

GeoThundra 11-29-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tundrakountry (Post 945839)
With all the goodies u guys are talking about-ur looking at a 60-70k truck

True, but again people will buy em if it is competitive, hopefully undercuts the price of the Big 3 which all diesels are fantastic powertrains currently! Ford 6.7l, Duramax 6.6, and the Cummins... can never go wrong with any of them.